First Ascent and Rocket now make Triathlon Kit

davem

Rocket kit is great but they have made a big mistake with First ascent. Terrible stuff, badly made, no quality checks. I have always had a problem with FA but Rocket =100%

Quite surprised at your criticism of FA. Probably own over a dozen FA items from cycling gear to jackets to running gloves. Would never have criticised them as poorly made from my personal experience. I have also read on this forum several times of their no questions asked replacements when items have failed.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does flat locked mean?

No ridge. The two layers lie flat over other rather than like a normal seam with a ridge on the inside.

Quite surprised at your criticism of FA. Probably own over a dozen FA items from cycling gear to jackets to running gloves. Would never have criticised them as poorly made from my personal experience. I have also read on this forum several times of their no questions asked replacements when items have failed.

probably because you have never owned as much FA gear as I have in your life. There has always been a niggle in the quality. For the same price you can get better. If you are in CT then no problem, replacement is easier? Try posting etc - not worth the hassle for what you get.

probably because you have never owned as much FA gear as I have in your life. There has always been a niggle in the quality. For the same price you can get better. If you are in CT then no problem, replacement is easier? Try posting etc - not worth the hassle for what you get.

Why do you own more than a dozen FA items if you're so unhappy about the quality? One bad item puts me off for life.

For what it's worth, I've had a few pieces of FA over the years and while they haven't been amazeballs, they haven't been utter shite either.

Edited by sluiper

Why do you own more than a dozen FA items if you're so unhappy about the quality? One bad item puts me off for life.

For what it's worth, I've had a few pieces of FA over the years and while they haven't been amazeballs, they haven't been utter shite either.

Because over the years I have purchased many items of clothing and other goods since the inception of the Company.

Make sense................??

Update: New Balance cancelled their tri kit, could only find some left-over pants at one store in CT. Rocket only has a one piece suit available, two piece to be release early 2014.

Update: New Balance cancelled their tri kit, could only find some left-over pants at one store in CT. Rocket only has a one piece suit available, two piece to be release early 2014.

I saw at least 3 pairs of pants and shirts at their Access Park store

I saw at least 3 pairs of pants and shirts at their Access Park store

Ahhhhhh... did not try that one. Thanks.

I will tell you how the Rocket suit raced next week. I did one training ride with it (160km) and cannot complain thus far....

I will tell you how the Rocket suit raced next week. I did one training ride with it (160km) and cannot complain thus far....

Ok. It would be interesting. I have however fitted a one piece once. The people in the store must have thought I'm a little off my rocker judging from the mixture of laughs, curses and crying sounds that came from that stall. I looked like a cross between a Teletubby and Jan Wilkens... Don't see myself wearing one too soon.

http://www.talkfeed.co.za/tritalksa/itu-add-cape-town-to-2014-world-series-first-ascent-tri-suits-gaelyn-cokaynes-inspiring-triathlon-journey-tri-talk-sa-episode-20/

Interview about the trisuit from FA

I just imported a cheapie CRC house brand one and only having done an Xterra Lite it's fine.

I have loads of FA gear and have to agree, I like the products and brand but QC is not consistant, eg. the bibs tend to have stitching that comes loose and I had an issue with a jersey zip pocket. That said I took it back to SWH and it was repaired and sent back no problems.

What I do see happening now is that they are becoming a bit expensive for a local brand that does not yet carry the weight IMO of international brands. I've also seen them as a quality product at a lower price point, but now if I have to pay the same for their product versus an international brand it is becoming less appealing.

One of my great discoveries at the 94.7 expo were that both First Ascent and Rocket will be bringing triathlon kit to market shortly.

First Ascent has both male and female kit on display but none for sale. Talking to the staffer there, it will be in Sportmans Warehouse in about three weeks.

They will have both Tri Top, Tri Shorts and one piece suit.

The RRP will be R999 for the suit and the same for a Top and Shorts combo.

The kit on display looked fantastic. Black and grey with a white back panel. Materials looked first class.

Pockets were slim with the small panel over the opening so it can't catch water while you swim.

Chamois was slim and looked comfortable. Looked similar to the Orca chamois.

The gear is imported from their manufacturer overseas.

Rocket had some items on display which were clearly not ready for production. Had a long chat with the lady in charge and she was very receptive to comments on what works and what does not. Look forward to seeing what they come up with. Target price for them was R800 for a one piece suit.

The gear will be made locally.

At last we have some local players to turn this industry on its head. Had heart palpitations when I saw Troisport selling basic Orca suits at the 5150 expo for R1950.00.

Hi there Dave, thank you so much for the feedback. Thanks also for coming to visit us at the expo and show interest in the new suits.

They are in fact on route to store and we launch on Monday - exciting times!

The suits will retail for R999 and the top/bottom combo will be R1200 (R599 each). Apologies for that mistake, pricing was not 100% finalized. Regardless we do feel it is still very competitive in the market as a whole.

We really look forward to receiving more feedback from the public as well as identifying areas to constantly improve and bring out the best possible product.

Thanks for the interest and keep posted on Monday for the big launch.

Regards

Stacey (first Ascent)

http://www.talkfeed....a-episode-20/��

Interview about the trisuit from FA

I just imported a cheapie CRC house brand one and only having done an Xterra Lite it's fine.

I have loads of FA gear and have to agree, I like the products and brand but QC is not consistant, eg. the bibs tend to have stitching that comes loose and I had an issue with a jersey zip pocket. That said I took it back to SWH and it was repaired and sent back no problems.

What I do see happening now is that they are becoming a bit expensive for a local brand that does not yet carry the weight IMO of international brands. I've also seen them as a quality product at a lower price point, but now if I have to pay the same for their product versus an international brand it is becoming less appealing.

Thank you for the feedback, will take it back to the team here.

If you have repair issues don't hesitate to contact Nicole customercare@performancebrands.co.za.