[Event] Trans Karoo

Trans Karoo

MOenie te warm aan trek nie. Verlede jaar by die begin was die 0 grade. Trek toe lekker warm aan en binne 10km moes ons stop sodat ek lae klere kon uit trek. Liggaam het heeltemal overheat. Kry liewer so bietjie koud in die begin.

Good luck guys. It is a bit chilly here in the mornings but by about 10 its starts to warm up. I would just start with one of those thin Apple wind breaker jobbies which are easy to fold up small to put in your back pockets.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporters may meet riders at CP1 and CP3

And boxes will be delivered to CP 2 and CP4

On the website is was stated different

And there will only be water at the point at the base of Ouberg pass.

:D

Cool thanks, I don't quite trust my "support team" (wife & 2 toddlers) to A) find CP3 at all or B) pitch up at CP3 before I do :ph34r: , so I'm going to try to get to CP4 before dark and pick up my light there.

So if you see someone walking up Ouberg Pass in the dark without a light, you'll know who you are greeting :devil:

Cool thanks, I don't quite trust my "support team" (wife & 2 toddlers) to A) find CP3 at all or B) pitch up at CP3 before I do :ph34r: , so I'm going to try to get to CP4 before dark and pick up my light there.

So if you see someone walking up Ouberg Pass in the dark without a light, you'll know who you are greeting :devil:

Let your wife follow the other support crews. Easy route map and road this time round. I think that we will all be greeting one another up Ou Berg. Packed in my OLD takkies for the walk. :clap: :w00t: . PACE,DRINK AND EAT REGULARLY! Dont make the mistake I made last year. My first time and I almost never made it. :blush:

Julle is almal, sonder uitsondering, van lotjie getik. Dit gese, ek is jaloers. Geniet elke oomblik en laat weet hoe dit gegaan het. Ek hou duim vas, ry veilig.

Volgende jaar ry ek saam!

This is an awesome event.

It was my first Ultra endurance event, but I was stunned in the quality of the support by the organisers. From about 16h00 I saw the first one, but from there onwards was past regularly by event vehicles and ambulances busy checking up on all the participants and at that stages even checking whether the riders had enough fluids with them although the water points was really stocked and the meals was good.

Very well organised and an awesome event. Thank you to all that was involved.

One could see that you went that extra mile. :)

Edited by Mads

This is an awesome event.

It was my first Ultra endurance event, but I was stunned in the quality of the support by the organisers. From about 16h00 I saw the first one, but from there onwards was past regularly by event vehicles and ambulances busy checking up on all the participants and at that stages even checking whether the riders had enough fluids with them although the water points was really stocked and the meals was good.

Very well organised and an awesome event. Thank you to all that was involved.

One could see that you went that extra mile. :)

Hmmmmm not so much. This is the very least that is expected of such an event. to be honest, I was once again disappointed with the overall event.

Considering the entry fee!!!!

it is a single day race on district roads and all they really need to do is get the water points and feed stations right. This still left a lot to be desired.

This race will die soon unless something drastic is done.

Hmmmmm not so much. This is the very least that is expected of such an event. to be honest, I was once again disappointed with the overall event.

Considering the entry fee!!!!

it is a single day race on district roads and all they really need to do is get the water points and feed stations right. This still left a lot to be desired.

This race will die soon unless something drastic is done.

Agree with Mads. Also thought the organisation was first class. Will definitely be back.

Just want to add. Words cannot describe how brutal that Ouberg climb was. That 4km's must have took me an hour! Was broken when I got to the top..

Just want to add. Words cannot describe how brutal that Ouberg climb was. That 4km's must have took me an hour! Was broken when I got to the top..

I cannot remember feeling like that ever. And to be honest I am not sure that I will be able to climb Ouberg ever . Not even with only 10km in my leggs. I notice Strava rates it as a Cat 1 climb. Hectic!!!

Total off topic: Just to show how flawed Strava at times is . Untill another lady upload her route, I am the Queen of that Mountain. :ph34r: And to be very honest I walked about 80%. :blush:

Edited by Mads

I cannot remember feeling like that ever. And to be honest I am not sure that I will be able to climb Ouberg ever . Not even with only 10km in my leggs. I notice Strava rates it as a Cat 1 climb. Hectic!!!

Total off topic: Just to show how flawed Strava at times is . Untill another lady upload her route, I am the Queen of that Mountain. :ph34r: And to be very honest I walked about 80%. :blush:

Change that : My first Argus was worse. I could hardly walk. So in a few years this too will be easy. :)

Well done Mads. this one is still on my lto do list!

Thank you eitan, but for you someone like you this should be a walk in the park...... I mean ... how many Epics have you done? :)

Better make a screenshot of that QOM! Serious bragging rights. Saw very few ladies attempting this race so well done!

Heard today they pulled off 30 riders @ Ouberg and I knew of a few other who didn't even make Ouberg so the dropout rate must have been at least 20%.

Better make a screenshot of that QOM! Serious bragging rights. Saw very few ladies attempting this race so well done!

Heard today they pulled off 30 riders @ Ouberg and I knew of a few other who didn't even make Ouberg so the dropout rate must have been at least 20%.

To me it is unthinkable to stop at 180km, I spoke with someone on Ouberg who decided to withdraw. But I guess it is better to listen to your body than to make stupid decisions. There is always next year.