Someone help me !!!

Jamen

Hi guys please advise me on how to remove thus bearing from the bottom of my headtube, and is it even removable ? If it is removable somehow- is it hard to put back. I just wanna clean it up, thats why i want to take it out.

post-51369-0-62140300-1384887498_thumb.jpg

My way is just to support the frame and hit it from the top with a block of wood and a hammer, then to replace the cups you need some 8mm threaded rod, some oversized washers and 8mm nuts, then you can evenly squeeze it back in.

you may end up having to knock out the complete aluminium press fit cup with the bearing still in it.

Then you can use a small punch to get to the outer race and knock out the actual bearing.Had to do this before, with the same problem.

Gently tap a chisel or screwdriver from the bottom? Can you catch an edge?

You serious?

If you don't know, don't just say something. Will you replace the oke's frame when he stuffs it up following your *** advice?

You serious?

If you don't know, don't just say something. Will you replace the oke's frame when he stuffs it up following your *** advice?

Sorry, what's the problem with tapping the bearing out? Have done it countless time and no damage.

Guest DieBees

Here is what you do.

Take a piece of wood, light it, and leave it to burn.

Go to your nearest LBS and let the experts deal with it.

When you get back the wood should be completely burned out if you did a good job of setting it alight. The qaulity of the firelighter plays a huge role.

Sorry, what's the problem with tapping the bearing out? Have done it countless time and no damage.

No problem with tapping the bearing out, I do it all the time myself. But I would not suggest a chisel or screwdriver as these could cause damage to the bearing and/or the frame. Use a wooden dowel about the thickness of a broom handle and tap all arround the bearing so that it comes out evenly. Leave the bearing in the freezer for a few hours before you re-install it and it should go in a lot easier.