Moving to CT, need some guidance

traaidmark

I commute from Table View to Pinelends via Woodstock 4 to 5 times a week - tough wood - never had a problem

Always use the cycle path too !

Wind and getting caught in the rain come with the territory

Where in Pinelands, and why via Woodstock? Might be an alternative route for me to take, just to keep things fresh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in Pinelands, and why via Woodstock? Might be an alternative route for me to take, just to keep things fresh.

I always try extend my commute to maximse the ride !

I hardly ever ride on the week ends (except for the odd race )

So this is the base of my training - plus I get to work

I always try extend my commute to maximse the ride !

I hardly ever ride on the week ends (except for the odd race )

So this is the base of my training - plus I get to work

Ditto. Could you share your route please, as I would like to extend my ride every once in a while as well. I go via Century City, through Kensington, and have wondered if there are ways that I can extend my ride in the afternoons back home.

Ditto. Could you share your route please, as I would like to extend my ride every once in a while as well. I go via Century City, through Kensington, and have wondered if there are ways that I can extend my ride in the afternoons back home.

via table mountain...like on Wednesday mornings ... been awhile since you have been in attendance?

via table mountain...like on Wednesday mornings ... been awhile since you have been in attendance?

I know, I know. You come sort out the 3 kids in the morning, then I will be there. :P

In the new year things will be better, when life return to normal again, with wife going back to work etc.

Hey Coenie - I work next to Howard Center just off Forrest Drive Pinelands - when I leave work I cycle towards Rondebosch/Claremont and then back along I think it's called Liesbeck Parkway - to Salt River Cicle and then onto the on ramp to the N1 where there is a ramp going down to the cycle path - from there it's all along the path (past the hyjacking hot spot under the bridge !! ) and home. My trip in to work is basically the same in reverse - just not as far down towards Rondebosch

Hey Coenie - I work next to Howard Center just off Forrest Drive Pinelands - when I leave work I cycle towards Rondebosch/Claremont and then back along I think it's called Liesbeck Parkway - to Salt River Cicle and then onto the on ramp to the N1 where there is a ramp going down to the cycle path - from there it's all along the path (past the hyjacking hot spot under the bridge !! ) and home. My trip in to work is basically the same in reverse - just not as far down towards Rondebosch

Thanks ichops. Going to try that route home this afternoon. Should add a nice bit of distance to my ride. Luckily I know the route once you hit Liesbeeck, as I used to commute to Plumstead, before I moved to Epping, workwise.

Thanks ichops. Going to try that route home this afternoon. Should add a nice bit of distance to my ride. Luckily I know the route once you hit Liesbeeck, as I used to commute to Plumstead, before I moved to Epping, workwise.

You guys are insane, I just moved from Milnerton to Blouberg and cycle in daily to Pinelands too... the increase from 22km round trip to 38km is beating the bejeezus out of my legs...

Add the SE in the morning and I curse like a sailor!

But the SE home is something absolutely remarkable.

@OP - I have been living the CT life for a year and a half now, the access to cycling EVERYWHERE is one of my favourite things. I go grocery shopping, to the bank and the bike shop in Woodstock by bike at lunch all the time... If you stay awake around the people and cars, nothing but bliss.... and sore legs

You guys are insane, I just moved from Milnerton to Blouberg and cycle in daily to Pinelands too... the increase from 22km round trip to 38km is beating the bejeezus out of my legs...

@OP - I have been living the CT life for a year and a half now, the access to cycling EVERYWHERE is one of my favourite things. I go grocery shopping, to the bank and the bike shop in Woodstock by bike at lunch all the time... If you stay awake around the people and cars, nothing but bliss.... and sore legs

lloydkayak ..... description or pic of your bike please so that I can spot you on the lane?

I have two words for you regarding the sore legs. Recovery Drinks

It makes all the difference in me being able to ride the next day or not.

BEER?

If available yes. Anything that will either make you crazy enough to do it every day, or help the legs recover to do it every day. Even a chocolate Steri Stumpie...

BEER?

or Milk

If available yes. Anything that will either make you crazy enough to do it every day, or help the legs recover to do it every day. Even a chocolate Steri Stumpie...

:thumbup: