Raleigh MTN Team MTB

abcdefg

Hi

I know this may seems as a silly question. But how good/bad is this bike? Is it perhaps cheap because of the MTN sponsors...

I've never seen one, but I do see Makro have them for R799...

You hardly get much new for R5000, so I don't event want to know what you will get for R799.

Hi

I know this may seems as a silly question. But how good/bad is this bike? Is it perhaps cheap because of the MTN sponsors...

If it's one of the bikes similar to the one Kevin Evans rode in his heyday at Raleigh, they were seriously well specced for what you paid for them. Old now, but still a good bike.

The RM series was the Hardtails, with the RM Carbon LTD the top dog. Not to sure what the Full Suspension was coded as.

This was the last full susp frame that came from Raleigh- the MR series. Nothing wrong with it at all. A simple system that I feel, only in certain applications, is better than the the previous generation single pivot RDS series. I would buy either of them.

post-25945-0-55714900-1385040747_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve61

There's no pictures. I assumed that perhaps with the MTN branding it's free advertising so it's cheaper. I can't find any information online. I'm new so don't want to invest a lot to see if I enjoy the sport

There's no pictures. I assumed that perhaps with the MTN branding it's free advertising so it's cheaper. I can't find any information online. I'm new so don't want to invest a lot to see if I enjoy the sport

Buy quality - pay once ( excluding the mandatory upgrades you'll start making 1 month after your first bike purchase- as you will love MTB)

This whole thing sounds dodgy & to be blunt- at under R3000 you are wasting money.

Rather get a basic Schwinn from Westdene cycles for R4000-R5000 and if you don't like it after 1 month- sell said bike here for R1000 less (roughly the same loss as the Raleigh should you not get into the sport)

Buy quality - pay once ( excluding the mandatory upgrades you'll start making 1 month after your first bike purchase- as you will love MTB)

This whole thing sounds dodgy & to be blunt- at under R3000 you are wasting money.

Rather get a basic Schwinn from Westdene cycles for R4000-R5000 and if you don't like it after 1 month- sell said bike here for R1000 less (roughly the same loss as the Raleigh should you not get into the sport)

What he said. You wont go wrong buying a quality MTB.