Advise needed!!!Large or Xl

bergman

Hi guys!

Ive been riding for 7 years(attakwas,sani,w2w,K2c,oyster,3 towers)

Currently on a niner jet nine (large)

What bothers me is my high seatpost and Ithink switching to an XL could solve the problem????????

curently using normal seatpost at 78cm and a 90mm stem.

Has anyone made the switch?

I am 1.84 tall and greater trochanter 101cm arm 84cm

Would appreciate help?

Do you guys think I will be more stable running a XL?

Still want to compete and improve my times

Thanks

I am 194 cm with long legs .I am riding a Xl on all my bikes .The effective top tube length is more important .If you can see your front hub halfway crossing the stem with the seat in the middle your size is fine .If you are riding all those events and not going over the bars more than your share ,you cannot be far out .I think you are just at the upper limit of L ,just as I am with an XL .I don,t think a larger frame will make you faster

Im 1.88ish and rekon im just in the border for xl,so for more trail orientated take a large,my HT a XL for long rides.can stretch out :)

But 1.94 like blitzer is smack on Xl.

O ya just get a dropper post problem solved..unless you like your ride anorexic :P

Hi there

If you "race" for times and better times, maybe the L will be better suited, as the XL might be "slacker" in handling.

If you decide to "ride" more for pleasure, the bigger bike (set up right) will feel more relaxed and less racy.

Just make sure your setup is right on whatever you decide on.

I am 186, and the Niner rip9 L and my Air 9 C large suits me 100%.

Or maybe you just feel like a new bike.

If you want it get it :)

Best you go seek professional help from people that does bike setup.

A XL frame might fit you but it wont necessarily give you the correct setup. and that might stuff up your back,knees etc.

I am 1.86 and L for me was a better fit than XL. Also consider the type of riding you do. I found that the XL just felt too big on especially singletracks. In my opinion get the setup right on th L, the XL will not make you faster, may actually slow you down a bit if you rides with lots of sharp turns.

And sorry bergman for hijacking your thread a bit but here goes:

@ Jagwil. U r realy a idot. Insted of constintly poping up on threats giving evirybody ADVISE about theier speling y dont u raather contribuate to the topik at hand. We are not in skool anymoore and we dont come to the hub to compeate in a speling contesst.

Hijack off

Thanks guys.... That helped a lot..... Gonna stick with my large! Jagwil is a old sorry toppie( shame)! The rest of you rock!

Thanks guys.... That helped a lot..... Gonna stick with my large! Jagwil is a old sorry toppie( shame)! The rest of you rock!