Accidents with road maintenance barriers

New Landy new life

For those that may be interested, please PM me so I can email you a copy of The SOUTH AFRICAN ROAD TRAFFIC SIGNS MANUAL - ROADWORKS SIGNING Volume 2 Chapter 13. This manual describes all the possible conditions to place signs for any roadworks, maintenance works or temporary works. It also give the layout of signs, type of signs and describes the conditions for setting up the signs. If any of signs are not set up according to this manual and you can prove it was not done you may have grounds for a legal claim.

Please feel welcome to PM me.

Nobody took up my offer. I can thus assume it was again a lot of cyclists whining about something unimportant ???????

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see that big shadow in the corner of what looks like a guy with a beard? Never mind. Its just me.

Nobody took up my offer. I can thus assume it was again a lot of cyclists whining about something unimportant ???????

its probably been sorted by now

I just read the whole thread now. It really sounds like who ever was responsible for this amateurish attempt and road closure was not really following the rules. There should have been a multitude of warning signs up at that spot. The roadway should have been tapered with delineators and cones. The actual damaged area should have been barricaded with plastic new jersey barriers. Drums are not used for any road closure. I hope CapeLandy has taken some piccies here and he has a good lawyer.

The biggest amateurs though are the dweeps who showered Cape Landy with their attempts to belittle him for making and genuine accident.

Don't have the time or energy for Lawyers, was hoping to get at least a response from the city but all I got was a read receipt for my mail.

Am going to make a few phone calls now so it hopefully won't be ignored like my e-mail.

Edit: By the way - it was not a road closure, just barrels along the side of the Main M12 road - but your marking out point is valid IMHO

Edited by CapeLandy

• 2 months later...

Finally I am managing to pull the break lever again with my index finger - still cant bend it near to fully but I am happy to be able to pull breaks down steep hills on the MTB as you need all your fingers to maintain grip and breaks

How long can a dislocation take to restore full travel of the knuckle - happened 24 November and still far away even though I do practice flexing lots! frustrating.

Without proper rehabilitation, years. I "broke" a knuckle a few years back, never had it looked at. Up to today I only have about 75% mobility in it.

Finally I am managing to pull the break lever again with my index finger - still cant bend it near to fully but I am happy to be able to pull breaks down steep hills on the MTB as you need all your fingers to maintain grip and breaks

How long can a dislocation take to restore full travel of the knuckle - happened 24 November and still far away even though I do practice flexing lots! frustrating.

Often never - sometimes there are small fractures that do not show up on initial xrays and they tend to impact joint mobility forever - just keep mobilising it within your pain thresholds or get some physio (best solution) and it will eventually get to a point where whatever range of movement you are going to get is back.

And expect some level of arthritis in the joint as you get older...

There were small fractures yes, when he put the finger back, the hand doc said the ligament tore some bone away but there is no obstruction to movement luckily.

Am also doing Phisio but no one is telling me you how long it will take