Giant Glory 2008 vs 2010

Melch

Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a new DH frame. The options available at the moment seem to be mostly Giant Glory frames, 2008 and 2010/11.

Where there major improvements between these two models or not really?

On a separate note does anyone have any input on the sizing of a Giant frames compared to the Raliegh RDH7, it came in only one size. I am 1.73 m tall ride a M cannondale XC bike and it fits well. I assume the giant medium would fit me best, there just seem to be a lot of small frames available. Wondering if one of these could also work for me or if I will regret it later.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Medium sounds about right. Not sure about differences in the frames. If the 2008 one has the curved down tube and the shock doesnt go through the down tube then its pretty much the same as the newer one. Maybe slight geometry changes.

2008 Giant Glory

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_uk/bikes/models/zooms/2008/Glory%20DH%20FF%2008.jpg

2011 Giant Glory

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_us/bikes/models/images/2000/2010/Glory_frame_GE_GA_GU_72dpiWIDE.jpg

Big difference between the frames. I know some of the newer ones (1st couple of years) had issues with cracking by the seat tube. Apart from that, the 2011 looks way better than the 2008 option.

Guest Omega Man

Damn good value. The fact that there's almost no market means you can pick up a really good one cheap.

I think the 2013 Glory was redesigned with slacker head angle and lower BB and got some really good reviews but that's not on your list. Interesting to keep in mind though if one pops up

Giant have used more and more fluid forming on their tubes over the years - more curves, less metal where its not needed, so they look better and are probably a bit lighter - The 2011 looks a lot more like the 2013 for this reason. Get the newest slackest h/a version you can afford.

Guest Omega Man

Giant have used more and more fluid forming on their tubes over the years - more curves, less metal where its not needed, so they look better and are probably a bit lighter - The 2011 looks a lot more like the 2013 for this reason. Get the newest slackest h/a version you can afford.

He can throw in an angleset on and old one and save a significant amount of moolah. A mate of mine has an older 2011 frame with an angleset. works fine. Not the Cane Creek piece tho. Some brit company.

Edited by Omega Man