[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic Cycle Race

Frosty

I was placed in AL and dropped to BL. I think half of AL was in BL and more.

I was told they (R4S) had 200 per group which is what we've gone with, except for AL (180).

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I think AL can always be smaller because of the "cascade effect" - people dropping back, and the madness of Testosterone. Saw a few VB in our group. I bet you BL was quicker than AL. It felt like it never really cracked on. Not sure how it all panned out - crash near the end and merging traffic confused things a bit - I think front of AL just sneaked under 3h (I stand to be corrected)

I should've started with the fun riders, and they would've kicked my butt. Had a terrible ride (personally).

We also don't have the traffic problems like they had in the final 5km.

Looking at the results, there weren't many groups above 200.

AL has 125 finishers

BL (with many AL in) had 166

If I remember correctly last year we had some issues with traffic towards the end. Is that sorted?

The cones were placed on the approach to the last corner to keep the cars from taking that last corner. Hopefully with full road closure over the last 5km , we won't need cones in these areas.

With 2 full lanes plus a wide shoulder on each side, and a large bunch the cyclists need to know that the finish line is only a little wider than a single lane. This will be mentioned at the start and there will be marshals on approach to the finish "pushing" everyone into the finish chute.

Edited by geraldm24

Looking at the results, there weren't many groups above 200.

AL has 125 finishers

BL (with many AL in) had 166

agreed. There were a lot if us who fell back to BL. Average of 150 in each. Sounds reasonable to me.

Problem is the blandness of the route, which was exactly the reason why the race is so big? *no challenges* and more so with no real wind...

I have been places in HL. What is the proceas to be seeded to BL. I have been seeded AL for Serengeti & Ride for Sight, BL for Berge en Dale. Funished with the front main geoup of BL every time

I have been places in HL. What is the proceas to be seeded to BL. I have been seeded AL for Serengeti & Ride for Sight, BL for Berge en Dale. Funished with the front main geoup of BL every time

Is your 10 hr 94.7 coming back to haunt you?

Is your 10 hr 94.7 coming back to haunt you?

if 94.7 is uaed then the balance of racetec races should as well.

Options are

1. Bump me to VB - I'll pay in the difference.

2. Reseed to A or B

3. Refund me. I'd rather do the Audax than ride HL. This means the non-participation in ALL future Championchip races ;(

if 94.7 is uaed then the balance of racetec races should as well.

Options are

1. Bump me to VB - I'll pay in the difference.

2. Reseed to A or B

3. Refund me. I'd rather do the Audax than ride HL. This means the non-participation in ALL future Championchip races ;(

I am sure this can be fixed. Just call them