Jonkershoek - what a gem

Headshot

The new double black... Don't let the vid fool you - those berms at the bottom are TOIGHT!!!

the first section of trail, before the guy with the URGE helmet and white MTB baggies seated on his bike appears... seems like it has more flow, less rocky sections and more berms than the upper 2 canaries. Looks SweeETT

I see the B-lines in in the forest area, but those jumps dont look half as bad or intimidating. Maybe different when i do get to ride it.

and RIDE IT I WILL DO!! :whistling:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Omega Man

"After the rain it's gonna be like Jefrey's bay in a light Westerly. Yeeeeeee." - like it was back in 1978, before the crowds came...Hand is mangled, but I might join you guys.

Someone just gave his age away. haha.

weather looks good for tomorrow. moderate temperature light winds. I'm salivating at the thought.

the first section of trail, before the guy with the URGE helmet and white MTB baggies seated on his bike appears... seems like it has more flow, less rocky sections and more berms than the upper 2 canaries. Looks SweeETT

I see the B-lines in in the forest area, but those jumps dont look half as bad or intimidating. Maybe different when i do get to ride it.

and RIDE IT I WILL DO!! :whistling:

ohhhhh, do not be fooled my friend, top bit is flowy for sure but between the edit cut and that dude...MAN....its STEEP!!!

About to hit it, but will probably skip double black diamond first time round.

Don't.... if you there, do the climb...you will be rewarded!

Don't.... if you there, do the climb...you will be rewarded!

I did end up going by that way but it looked like that section was closed today. At least I think it was this section. Steep downhill, berms and jumps. I was a bit bummed as I had walked up it and checked it out, as part of my lost in jonkers experience. Had to go across to canaries and go down there.

Overall lovely place to ride. Pristine environment. Enjoyed the trails. Well worth the trip. Favorite for the day was that descent from the fire hut trail, from that tight hairpin switchback turn down. Amazing flow.

I did end up going by that way but it looked like that section was closed today. At least I think it was this section. Steep downhill, berms and jumps. I was a bit bummed as I had walked up it and checked it out, as part of my lost in jonkers experience. Had to go across to canaries and go down there.

Overall lovely place to ride. Pristine environment. Enjoyed the trails. Well worth the trip. Favorite for the day was that descent from the fire hut trail, from that tight hairpin switchback turn down. Amazing flow.

If you had pushed up the track from the bottom level all the way to the top level, you would have seen if the new track was open...real sorry you didn't get it ridden....bummer dude! There's a bunch of guys going tomorrow...maybe try again....

Why do you say it was closed? There are under constructions signs up but they're always there.

There was that red and white striped tape across the entrance to the trail, and a sign to that effect as well. I also thought of ignoring it.

If you had pushed up the track from the bottom level all the way to the top level, you would have seen if the new track was open...real sorry you didn't get it ridden....bummer dude! There's a bunch of guys going tomorrow...maybe try again....

Not from the bottom, just some of the way. Enough to see that it looked quite grand. Don't worry I'm not feeling too sorry for myself! I had an awesome days riding.

There was that red and white striped tape across the entrance to the trail, and a sign to that effect as well. I also thought of ignoring it.

Crap. Hope it's open tomorrow. Oh, well we can always just klap the yellow birdies.

Tape and sign was to say you enter at own risk as cape pine is busy logging that section- no issue after hours or if you dont hear a chainsaw running.

Guest Omega Man

So I am/was not able to join this AM, got that feeling I'm missing out big time!

Erm. Ja! The trails were AMAAAAAAZING after the rain. Oh and there were 1 or 2 (hundred) pretty girls floating around Stellenbosch.

That was a pretty sweet morning on the bike! Up and down Firehut, up the Canaries and down one level, then up to Bennet's to Flow to home. Solid!

Guest Omega Man

That was a pretty sweet morning on the bike! Up and down Firehut, up the Canaries and down one level, then up to Bennet's to Flow to home. Solid!

23 Strava beers earned. Flats are staying ON!

Archived