Race Day Wheel Rental IM Special - From R999

OnTheFly Wheel Hire

http://www.slowtwitc..._base_4001.html

HED Wheels 100% USA made

Slight hijack but for interest

Majority not all and this was in reference to his comment of asian items in the pro's. I dont deny the quality of their product.

When something is made somewhere it means all parts are produced locally where as manufactured means it is assembled there but parts are sourced outside of that country. Also

In order for a bike to claim “Italian made” or “made in USA” for example, the cost of the frame needs to be above certain percentage (50% from what I understand) which originates from that country. Design, painting, engineering, marketing, etc. The cost of material is relatively cheap, so it’s easy to claim that a frame is made in a more “prestigious” country. I’ve spoken with people who have seen “Made In Italy” stickers being put on bikes in the factory in China (Bianchi, Pinerello, Colnago are some examples).

Bikes are produced in other countries, but Asian factories probably produce 95% of the units sold in the United States.

Incidentally, the “big three” (Giant, Trek, and Specialized) account for almost 80% of all bikes sold in U.S. bike shops.

http://aushiker.com/...y-bicycle-made/

http://inrng.com/201...made-your-bike/

When something is made in the USA, all the parts and pieces that into the product are domestic. When something in manufactured in the USA, parts may be imported from other countries and then assembled in the United State - See more at: http://www.chacha.co...sh.83GNwkYO.dpu

Edited by JGR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't quite agree bud.

Made in "claimed" country doesn't mean every part of the end product has to come from one factory / country.

Also remember "made in xxx country" also refer to IP. So designed and "born concept" is held by the said country.

I.e. Not all parts on a German or Italian vehicle come from that country, yet it is a German brand and German made. Regardless where the parts come from. Continental is made and designed in Germany, yet the actual rubber comes from other countries who supply the raw materials for the manufacturing prosess.

HED wheels are all Made in the USA. Meaning assembled and part if not all actually manufactured in house. Check the actual pics from the slow twitch visit to HED factory.

While no one really has to explain their business processes to the public, it is really great when you do get this sort of insight and engagement into a business offering from the horses mouth.

The other kickback on this would be that, if it is a success, then there's probably going to be some rental wheels coming onto the market each season(same caveats as buying a voetstoots 2yr old rental car from Avis i guess)

I own a set of my own mate ooooh, so you're not even a potential customer? sies vir jou to be even commenting!

Perhaps try and read and understand before getting all excited about trolling. I said it is not a comparison to compare pricing in the US/EU and directly convert it - in the US a beer might cost $7 (R70) and in SA about R20. In SA a graduate salary might be R12k per month and in the US say $4k (R40k) .... is it making sense yet or do I need to explain further. Don't think race wheels follow a big mac index pricing, but nice try. No need to explain further since the OP confirmed it too.

The point of the other thread was a discussion about a race - this is an advert for a service/item.

Even someone of your intellect could understand the difference?nope, i don't understand the difference. Well I do, but I don't see the relevance.

I apologize to the customers of this service who formed this thread to talk about the wheels (just for She-been) shot bru, nice hijack later on!

Damn it's exciting seeing people trying to balance on their high horses.

Maybe you need to relax boet, take s t e p back. Once you see you're doing exactly what you told me not to do you'll realise that it's not so easy trying to be the moral compass.

Hi Shebeen

Thanks for the note.

Yes, that would be the idea. once the wheels are 1 year old, we will then put them out into the market for sale at a lower / used cost. so we can replace the current range with the newest models.

We will also then be able to honour the warranty as we know where they have been.

We will also offer customers the option to buy a set of wheels they rode at a race. if they liken, they can keep em and we will knock off a little on the price + give them the actual rental cost as a further discount.

Cheers

While no one really has to explain their business processes to the public, it is really great when you do get this sort of insight and engagement into a business offering from the horses mouth.

The other kickback on this would be that, if it is a success, then there's probably going to be some rental wheels coming onto the market each season(same caveats as buying a voetstoots 2yr old rental car from Avis i guess)

Damn it's exciting seeing people trying to balance on their high horses.

Maybe you need to relax boet, take s t e p back. Once you see you're doing exactly what you told me not to do you'll realise that it's not so easy trying to be the moral compass.

If you read you will see there was plenty interaction with the OP and myself discussing various issues, If he had asked not to make enquiries I would respect that.. He was happy to engage and through that engagement a lot more information, helpful to his rental actually came out. Such as length of rental, insurance ect.

If you read further you would also see that I would see value to try a different set for a certain type of course so I would potential make use of this service. Unlike you I didn't insult or take pot shots at people who are considering or using this service. Do you see the difference?

Im confused - do you or don't you understand the difference in the two threads?

Your obsession of following me from thread to thread is quite flattering but also disturbing that stalking me is exciting - by your own admission

Edited by JGR

Don't quite agree bud.

Made in "claimed" country doesn't mean every part of the end product has to come from one factory / country.

Also remember "made in xxx country" also refer to IP. So designed and "born concept" is held by the said country.

I.e. Not all parts on a German or Italian vehicle come from that country, yet it is a German brand and German made. Regardless where the parts come from. Continental is made and designed in Germany, yet the actual rubber comes from other countries who supply the raw materials for the manufacturing prosess.

HED wheels are all Made in the USA. Meaning assembled and part if not all actually manufactured in house. Check the actual pics from the slow twitch visit to HED factory.

I never disputed HED came from the states, I agree they do.

Do you dispute most other frames ect are made in the east?

Did you read the links? The information was copy and pasted. If you read further the one article goes on to explain in more details.

The articles have nothing to do with HED wheels but more that most frames are made in the east but will still say made in Italy/USA ect.

The term "made in the USA' has criteria which it has to conform with to say this

Edited by JGR

Hi JGR

As mentioned, i like to engage with any and everyone who may have questions. through threads like this it gives me a chance to understand the concerns, issues and questions people may have.

You ask questions that some won't. So thanks for that.

We all learn through this Q&A.

All this seems to make the Thread a "Hot" topic. so thanks. more exposure for me HAHA.

PS! you should try a H3Deep rear / H3 front on that Trek of yours one day.

Awesome combo.

Hi JGR

As mentioned, i like to engage with any and everyone who may have questions. through threads like this it gives me a chance to understand the concerns, issues and questions people may have.

You ask questions that some won't. So thanks for that.

We all learn through this Q&A.

All this seems to make the Thread a "Hot" topic. so thanks. more exposure for me HAHA.

PS! you should try a H3Deep rear / H3 front on that Trek of yours one day.

Awesome combo.

Thanks - I guess as they say there is no such thing as bad PR. Credit to you for addressing all the questions I had and not skirting the issues.

One day, when im a big boy and can push out the watts to justify having a full disc you will be the first to know!

Sorry if the thread is getting a little side tracked by my hub stalker

HAHA, Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Feels like he is watching me as we speak .... :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

R999 Launch Special.

How does that price sit with you guys?

:thumbup:

I will be interested for IM

Fabes: Let me know, stock already running low.

So seems this could be a good price point.

PM sent

stock "cycling low" you mean(running low)cmon now get with the program :eek:

HAHA, Too true too true...

Guess the festive spirit is still running/cycling high... :clap: