Benoni Country Club MTB Trail Building Help

svm3000

With the membership you get a access tag and you can ride when ever or how many times you want with in the 3 months , or you can opt to pay the single ride fee , be that thursday night or any other day

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is trail running allowed at bcc? I cycle and my wife runs. Would be great if we could do it at the same place. Also, what is the membership fees?

Attie , no problem let your wife run the opposite way to the cyclist we have no problem with that , for Membership contact LINDA at the Club 011 849 5211

Thanks svm3000. Spoke to Linda just now. Will be joining up. Also, thank you for building this great trail for us guys on the east rand. Ideal home base.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode the track on the weekend, was really awesome, flowing single track. Hadn't been on the bike for about 4 years prior to this past weekend, fell right back in love with my bike again. Just a heads up there are a few people littering on the track which is not great. Would be really sad to lose a great thing like this because of these people.

I want to find out , if there is any interest in every 2nd Thursday night rides , ?

Thursday evenings are a problem for me...Wednesday would be better but I think im in the minority... :thumbdown:

Thursday evenings are a problem for me...Wednesday would be better but I think im in the minority... :thumbdown:

I also struggle with a lot of nights during the week being quite hectic(although Wednesday is not much better for me)

• 3 weeks later...

our Trail builder fell and broke his leg , so he is out of action for a few weeks , when he is better we will start with making wooden bridges ect...... any help will be welcome

• 2 weeks later...

our Trail builder fell and broke his leg , so he is out of action for a few weeks , when he is better we will start with making wooden bridges ect...... any help will be welcome

I hope the Cliff gets better soon. He is not the only one with a broken leg.

Earlier this evening I discovered a duiker lying next to the trail (about 800m from the finish) with what appeared to be a broken leg. If anyone is able to assist or knows of anyone who can, this little bush resident would no doubt be most grateful.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning All 

The access gate are down , the guy that programed them is AWOL so in my wisdom I went there yesterday to see if I can fix it but I managed to wipe everything , so please bear with me while I learn something about computers 

Sean 

The BCC trails are awesome at the moment - the rain has bedded down the loose sand and the surface is proper grippy. The maintenance that gets done at that place is awesome. Trails are clean and smooth.

I'm loving the place - only 7km from my house - win win!

Archived