Mtb vs Road bike

abcdefg

The question should be "WHICH ONE DO YOU GET FIRST"

Which one is cheaper - both disciplines are like BIG BLACK HOLEs - sucks all money in.

Fashion is the biggest sucker.

Satisfaction is the next - it is never reached.

How many bikes should you have = n+1 where"'n" is always the amount of serviceable bikes you have.

Djy lag ma dis waa!

Edited by porqui

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's boring you not going fast enough :whistling:

Ha ha well you have a point and no I wasn't riding fast. The aim was to spend time in saddle getting used to the set up..I did however go into the big blade once.. there was a bit of a downhill 3km or so..I did enjoy that bit. Before I knew it and with little effort I was doing 50.. so I do understand why people enjoy the road bikes. They are super fast.

The question should be "WHICH ONE DO YOU GET FIRST"

Which one is cheaper - both disciplines are like BIG BLACK HOLEs - sucks all money in.

Fashion is the biggest sucker.

Satisfaction is the next - it is never reached.

How many bikes should you have = n+1 where"'n" is always the amount of serviceable bikes you have.

Djy lag ma dis waa!

No no no. best post of this thread....all true

Nothing quite like challenging a good single track or downhill, out in a forest, enjoying the scenery, brain working overtime trying to "see" into the next corner or obstacle.

Nothing quite like the quiet "whirrrr' of wheels and hubs gliding over tar at speed, mind in a place of its own as you challenge your legs to keep on pumping to achieve greater speed!

The answer is "BOTH!"

Nothing quite like challenging a good single track or downhill, out in a forest, enjoying the scenery, brain working overtime trying to "see" into the next corner or obstacle.

Nothing quite like the quiet "whirrrr' of wheels and hubs gliding over tar at speed, mind in a place of its own as you challenge your legs to keep on pumping to achieve greater speed!

The answer is "BOTH!"

Suppose it doesn't matter which one mr/ms alphabet gets, just riding a bike is a good thing.

Any how, my hubby did ask me if he must buy me a road bike, and I said mmmm not sure, would first have to see how this weekend goes.. And he def would have to get one too. Cause I aint riding on my ace again.. and his 27.5 wont keep up.. well it could but he would be shattered.

i did actually not plan on doing 70km yesterday, I had this brainwave that i would ride the quiet road to his office, and catch a lift home with him, so off I go planning on just doing a quick 30km spin and surprise him.. got there he wasn't there and he informed me that he would be late on site.. so I had to cycle home, by then the quiet road wasn't quiet anymore, because the mine had knocked off so had to go find another quiet road that was to moer and gone

Edited by Gen