CRC are having a group sale...

T-Bob

Now I imagine there'd be a few Uk based Saffas coming back for some holidays and some warmth.

get them to slip your 'Christmas pressie' into their bags and it could be a season to be jolly with put 55% off.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/groupsets?utm_source=awin&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=generic&_%24ja=tsid%3A41244%257Ccgn%3Aawin%257Ckw%3A122142%2520&awc=2698_1387218801_933a21bb30f3884eab5a93f56574c1ba

I actually give CRC a miss when looking at online shops. I find them to be more expensive than other shops. Example, Shimano 105 groupset is R5453 add 15.5% equals roughly R6300 plus postage if you want it pronto . Same gruppo here is R6999 incl free postage. Don't even get me started on Campag goodies. I actually prefer Bike24 and Totalcycling, hell even CWC is cheaper sometimes.

Edited by Cippo

I agree with cippo, I also give CRC a miss and I do find total cycling to be cheaper on most items even when you factor in delivery cost, always its better to order multiple items @ onetime.

I did find the exchange rate isn't as accurate as the price reflecting in ZAR but maybe that's the bank that's taking off a slightly higher forex rate.

The one good thing about CRC is they have obscure stock that our suppliers and distributers dont bring in at all.

They also give cranksets away far cheaper than anyone here. Far cheaper than you would get in our classifieds section even.

Generally I agree with above comments. Their stock is often over priced and sometimes they pack incorrectly and the returns process from outside the UK is tricky and often lengthy.

Sometimes though their specials are gold... pure gold.

I purchased a Chris King SS rear hub for just on 2g a while back along with some Race Face Atlas cranks for 900ZAR.

Those prices combined still wouldnt get me a CK hub at cost.

R $ exchange is HURTING us there.

A year or two ago, CRC was at least a 1/3rd cheapest than any price in SA.

Yes, but currently is is more expensive to shop there

R $ exchange is HURTING us there.

A year or two ago, CRC was at least a 1/3rd cheapest than any price in SA.

For sure. 1st time in a while that I'm not bending the CC @ UK shops and getting folk to bring back stuff to me. Whne it was 11 & 12 to the £ those prices would look great and when I posted I did the math on that. Just plain for got about the shocking state of the Randella at the mo.

For once, over prices local kit is cheaper!

Edited by hellocolour