Most punctures in one hour award 208

Irishj9

OK, its still too soon to retell the full horror of it all, Im getting flashbacks

as I type this.

Suffice to say I went out for my usual relaxed 50k afternoon spin today,

and had 12 punctures.

Yes 12!.

Using Ksyrium racing rims, slightly worn GP3000 on the front, brand new

GP4000 on the back. One spare tube in back pocket. All tubes brand new.  Can I now claim the ?most punctures on one day

Hubber 2008?

What can I say??

Thorns??on the section at

the back of Koeberg power station.

I laughed, I cried, I fixed punctures?.I blacked out for a while (mercifully).

Then I fixed more punctures?.

Then I walked two km to the coffee shop, ( where I had two bracing

lattes), and talked the staff into giving me a bucket of water. I restrained the

urge to drown myself and instead used it to find another 6 punctures (in two

tyres).

I threw away a tube which I could have used as a tea strainer. I dumped

the empty box of patches I bought brand new at Astra pro this morning.

Then I prayed ( a lot).

I changed religion twice ( I may be a Buddhist now, If I remember

correctly)

Then I sweet talked my tyres into taking me the 10k home.

So I now lay early claim to "the most punctures on one ride" award  Wink

Irishj92008-02-20 09:21:28

Given the topic of this thread, I thought you were going to say 208 punctures (that would be 3.467 punctures every minute).

Then I read it and now the question is - Just how fast do you ride????

In one hour you rode 50km, got 12 punctures, drank 2 lattes, blacked out , walked 2 km and changed religions twice. IMPRESSIVE!

I think you have wrongfully been assigned several other people's dose of bad luck. If I am one of those people, I thank you.

You are far more tolerant than I am. I think I would have given up cycling after about the 3rd puncture!!

lol no I got all the punctures within one hour. The entire operation took a lot longer...it feels like days, no months, wandering in a hot wilderness, plagued by punctures, with the vultures circling expectantly as i walked along with my R20000 bike lol

lol no I got all the punctures within one hour. The entire operation took a lot longer...it feels like days' date=' no months, wandering in a hot wilderness, plagued by punctures, with the vultures circling expectantly as i walked along with my R20000 bike lol [/quote']

So you will see the light and now invest in tubeless tyres with Stans/ whatever lese they will sell you........

I dont know... i think i am going to have to take that award from you.

My road bike is in the shop so I took my dikwiel out for a spin. Met up with Latrinus emmer and cycled through to GB. Stopped @ petrol station to change tube with 3 punctures. Ok, so there goes my spare tube. I noticed that my back wheel was a bit flat, but rideable, so i rode back to the LBS where i noticed my front wheel was flat as well. So I replace front and back tubes (2 more tubes down the drain). 3 duiwels in the front and 4 in the back. Was going to catch up to latrinus and ride to stel with him, but by the time i got to lord charles, i noticed 9 more duiweltjies in my front and back wheels. fortunately i live about 2km from lord charles hotel so i just sprinted home. 2 more tubes down the drain. In the space of 90mins i just wasted 5 tubes...

Told you i win Angry

My road bike is in the shop so I took my dikwiel out for a spin. Met up with Latrinus emmer and cycled through to GB. Stopped @ petrol station to change tube with 3 punctures. Ok' date=' so there goes my spare tube. I noticed that my back wheel was a bit flat, but rideable, so i rode back to the LBS where i noticed my front wheel was flat as well. So I replace front and back tubes (2 more tubes down the drain). 3 duiwels in the front and 4 in the back. Was going to catch up to latrinus and ride to stel with him, but by the time i got to lord charles, i noticed 9 more duiweltjies in my front and back wheels. fortunately i live about 2km from lord charles hotel so i just sprinted home. 2 more tubes down the drain. In the space of 90mins i just wasted 5 tubes...

Told you i win Angry
[/quote']

Dang..I think you are the new frontrunner lol. Now I feel better knowing God hates someone else more than he hates me   lol

Irishj92008-02-20 09:49:07

My road bike is in the shop so I took my dikwiel out for a spin. Met up with Latrinus emmer and cycled through to GB. Stopped @ petrol station to change tube with 3 punctures. Ok' date=' so there goes my spare tube. I noticed that my back wheel was a bit flat, but rideable, so i rode back to the LBS where i noticed my front wheel was flat as well. So I replace front and back tubes (2 more tubes down the drain). 3 duiwels in the front and 4 in the back. Was going to catch up to latrinus and ride to stel with him, but by the time i got to lord charles, i noticed 9 more duiweltjies in my front and back wheels. fortunately i live about 2km from lord charles hotel so i just sprinted home. 2 more tubes down the drain. In the space of 90mins i just wasted 5 tubes...

Told you i win Angry
[/quote']

Dang..I think you are the new frontrunner lol. Now I feel better knowing God hates someone else more than he hates me   lol

Thats because you changed religions twice. You need to pick one and go with it LOL

Told you i win Angry
[/quote']

uhm , you do patch them, or is it just us armgatte who does?

Well sorry to hear you guys had a sh*tty ride. we went 76 this am and I was so grateful there was no wind, that i even thought a punture woulldnt spoil that ride. Fortunately no punctures, was alot of glass around thou

uhm ' date=' you do patch them, or is it just us armgatte who does?
[/quote']

I hate patching. half the time the patch comes off when you really need it to stay on. and it takes forever to find the hole. and then that stupid glue stuff sticks to everything. a new tube is what? R20? i give my holey tubes to charity...

ps - i lent my MTB to a friend for 2 weeks, so maybe it was getting me back..

pps... the weather was so fantastic and the scenery so amazing and the company was even better, so if i had to do it again tomorrow, i'd jump at the opportunity...

irish and fand, thank you for dealing with all the bad karma so that the rest of us can ride without incident! Wink

you guys must have been at Killarney yesterday.....must have seen the amount of people who punctured there!!!! SCARY SHYTE!!!