Xterra buffelspoort

MTBc

Did the lite in 1:45.46 was very happy with my time, the swim was a bit crazy got kicked int the face right at the start and my goggles were pushed skew. All in all it was an awesome race next year will definitely be tackling the full :clap:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Lite today. Great as usual. 2hrs12min. Bumped my pip on a branch in the river bed and have mean headache. Other than that, already looking forward to next year...

You should have worn your watermelon helmet. Well done, good time.

Great race again....hard as can be but thats xterra for you.

Really love the vibe at these events and it is sad there is not more events like this in Gauteng.

Did a 3.08 so happy with that but still need to work on the swim bigtime!

@MTBc...I think the xterra series is the only hardcore offroad tri series...the rest can't really compare but still

good fun.

The Sasol is lots of fun but not as hardcore as this they have the sprint and standard distances but the trail run is nothing compared to the xterra run.

Then Xdirt is also a pretty cool triathlon series but they only have sprint distances but I would say its a bit tougher than the sasol but not as tough as xterra.

Both have awesome vibes and are well organised events!

Some lesson I have learned

Lesson 1: Don't underestimate the full. The step-up from lite to full is a big one

Lesson 2: Trail running is not the same as running on tar. Also, Camelbak defintely next time

Lesson 3: No matter what, enjoy it. I realy appreciated the chatting with the other runners

If all goes well, I will see you the Sasol events

Love that woman's shoe still cleated in but off her foot coming into T2. BPM went up a notch watching that.

That was a guy. He came second. Oops

That was a guy. He came second. Oops

:blush: Those leaders were are amazingly strong. He finished while i was in T2.

Edited by MTBc