Aurasan 2014

Speed Racer

Excuse the ignorance here, but how come in the flyby graph the guys went different routes?

I read some where that the cut off times are 15km/h and max 30km/h. Now what happens if you go faster or does it only mean you cant go slower than 15km/h?

Some of us can't read instructions and therefore got lost :blush:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us can't read instructions and therefore got lost :blush:

Must say.... had to use the gps on the phone quite a number of times to confirm Eddie's route sheet. Maybe I'm just dof and when I cycle I get more dof due to the tiredness, but I found his route sheet a bit confusing at times. There should be an easier way??

Must say.... had to use the gps on the phone quite a number of times to confirm Eddie's route sheet. Maybe I'm just dof and when I cycle I get more dof due to the tiredness, but I found his route sheet a bit confusing at times. There should be an easier way??

Ended up doing the same - used Google map with navigation to get back after missing checkpoint in Heidelberg. I think all the information is on the route sheet but the way it is presented is a problem. Should be more concise.

Ended up doing the same - used Google map with navigation to get back after missing checkpoint in Heidelberg. I think all the information is on the route sheet but the way it is presented is a problem. Should be more concise.

:-)

I ended up at the checkpoint we normally used in H'berg - the BP garage. Only once they signed the sheet did I realise that we were supposed to be at the Caltex!! 2 km detour...

Not sure if Eddie aligns his route sheet format to the likes of the LEL and PBP standard, but it is not intuitive - for me anyway.

Thanks Everyone for another great Sunday.

Next up is the 300 on 28/9. Who's up for this challenge?

Eish!! 300!! For me it is too close to the CPT to recover fully. So good luck!!

:-)

I ended up at the checkpoint we normally used in H'berg - the BP garage. Only once they signed the sheet did I realise that we were supposed to be at the Caltex!! 2 km detour...

Not sure if Eddie aligns his route sheet format to the likes of the LEL and PBP standard, but it is not intuitive - for me anyway.

Its no longer a Caltex but a Excel!

• 2 weeks later...

Who's in for the next Audax? Sunday 28/9 from Cafe de Cirque. 200 starts at. 7am. 100 starts at. 730. Perfect 94.7 training. Spring is here! Let's make this a perfect day.

Details: www.audaxsa.co.za

And for anyone envious of our northern brothers, also remember we have our inaugural 2014 Cape Audax on the same day.

How cool is that, parallel BRM 200s north and south to mark the last weekend in September!

This Audax riding could become a thing ;)

http://audaxsa.co.za/cpt-info-for-200km-28-sept/

Good luck and enjoy to everyone riding either event.

And for anyone envious of our northern brothers, also remember we have our inaugural 2014 Cape Audax on the same day.

How cool is that, parallel BRM 200s north and south to mark the last weekend in September!

This Audax riding could become a thing ;)

http://audaxsa.co.za/cpt-info-for-200km-28-sept/

Good luck and enjoy to everyone riding either event.

Hey Rob, where's your route taking you?

Hey Rob, where's your route taking you?

Loop from Vrede Wines a few Km outside Stellies, Wellington, Hermon, Malmesbury, spur off to Darling and back to Malmesbury, then back to Vrede Wines. One short climb, but a lot of rollers

Loop from Vrede Wines a few Km outside Stellies, Wellington, Hermon, Malmesbury, spur off to Darling and back to Malmesbury, then back to Vrede Wines. One short climb, but a lot of rollers

More scenic, but hillier than ours. We 're off to Dasville again.

Archived