Strava vs Endomondo

PoiZoNouZ

So, why not just use Strava / Endomondo to track routes and activities (biking or jogging) and use Polar / Garmin for the calories and other data?

Yip, that's what I do. Suunto + MovesCount for calories/heartrate/distance/speed/whatever, Phone + Strava for killing myself on certain sections of road.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used strava before with my Iphone in the back pocket, then decided to get an iphone bike case and used the cyclemeter app as strava didnt have much the bike computer interface that cyclemeter has. Once the ride is done it uploads straight to strava. Still have to try Endomondo

May I add something to this discussion?

From what I see, both Strava and Endomondo are tracking activities applications.

It is not a health-monitor system like, for example, Polar or Garmin, which have their own heart-rate monitors.

So, why not just use Strava / Endomondo to track routes and activities (biking or jogging) and use Polar / Garmin for the calories and other data?

I am only interested in the tracking of my ride, that is why Endomondo and a Garmin Edge 200 works fine for me. No cadence and HRM for me.

I am only interested in the tracking of my ride, that is why Endomondo and a Garmin Edge 200 works fine for me. No cadence and HRM for me.

Super, just a suggestion, upload a few of your past rides from Endomondo to Strava and check out the tracking features offered by Strava. I found that Strava had a lot more interesting features to measure your ride on. Segments, comparisons with your own previous rides &other riders, flyby's etc.

(I'm not sure how many features Endomondo might have added these past few months but a few months back it wasn't even in the same league)

May I add something to this discussion?

From what I see, both Strava and Endomondo are tracking activities applications.

It is not a health-monitor system like, for example, Polar or Garmin, which have their own heart-rate monitors.

You can connect your Strava account to your Garmin connect account and it will update your strava automatically when you sync your Garmin device. No need to use bike GPS and phone

One device = simplicity

Super, just a suggestion, upload a few of your past rides from Endomondo to Strava and check out the tracking features offered by Strava. I found that Strava had a lot more interesting features to measure your ride on. Segments, comparisons with your own previous rides &other riders, flyby's etc.

(I'm not sure how many features Endomondo might have added these past few months but a few months back it wasn't even in the same league)

I've heard that Strava is much better that Endomondo. I have stats for 243 rides on Endomondo. I'm not willing to transfer all of these rides one by one from Endomondo to Strava.

I am afraid if I go to Strava and I see how nice it actually is, I would want to use it. That's the reason why I stay clear. If I don't know how Strava is, I don't know what I'm missing out on.

I keep having to repeat to myself....

I WILL NOT COMPETE FOR KOM'S..... I WILL NOT COMPETE FOR KOM'S.....

I've heard that Strava is much better that Endomondo. I have stats for 243 rides on Endomondo. I'm not willing to transfer all of these rides one by one from Endomondo to Strava.

I am afraid if I go to Strava and I see how nice it actually is, I would want to use it. That's the reason why I stay clear. If I don't know how Strava is, I don't know what I'm missing out on.

I was just like you, but I started transferring my rides yesterday... Did about 10 in 15 minutes. Will do a few every day, until it is done. I will use Strava in the future. I also think Endomondo has been under reading the elevation change, as per my first post here.

I was just like you, but I started transferring my rides yesterday... Did about 10 in 15 minutes. Will do a few every day, until it is done. I will use Strava in the future. I also think Endomondo has been under reading the elevation change, as per my first post here.

I am one of those people, if I start something, I wanna finish it. So, I want to transfer all my rides in one go!!!

I am one of those people, if I start something, I wanna finish it. So, I want to transfer all my rides in one go!!!

I just can't keep using something that is so far out. Distance seems right but elevation is completely wrong. To me, my ascend and descend is quite important... and I just can't accept a 20-25% error. Obviously Endomondo's contour maps, or whatever they use to calculate the elevation change, is not as detailed as the Strava ones, for local conditions.

Endomondo is better for general tracking. It also have live tracking, pep talks and is much more user friendly. I do sync Endomono with Strava easily to check if I AM THE MAN on certain segments. Just use this webiste: https://tapiriik.com/# Easy.

I just can't keep using something that is so far out. Distance seems right but elevation is completely wrong. To me, my ascend and descend is quite important... and I just can't accept a 20-25% error. Obviously Endomondo's contour maps, or whatever they use to calculate the elevation change, is not as detailed as the Strava ones, for local conditions.

And what about Garmin Connect?

Slighty off topic, but I find huge discrepancies in vertical ascent between data from my Garmin 500 and the Strava mobile app which many of my riding buddies use. In almost all instances, their data says they climbed twice as much meters. Eg, we all know the Argus route has about 1200m vertical gain and my Garmin was bang on. Strava mobile app shows like 2500m vertical gain for the exact same route. Anybody else experience this?

And what about Garmin Connect?

If I remember correctly Strava was way out last year on the Argus route as reported by several.

Archived