Hoogekraal is worth a visit - several visits

Headshot

Have relocated from Gauteng to here and often ride Majik and Meerendal and have to say that the trails are in exceptional condition in my opinion.

Will just have to pay Hoogekraal a visit soon.

Majik - Ntida - Hillcrest - Contermans - Hoogekraal - Contermans - Greenbelt - Meerendal - Majik for a good ride. Kliprug closed due to a "BOX" who stuffed it up for us. New switchback singletrack at Conters is epic.

[/Quote] agreed, I officially rate this above Hoogekraal now.

agreed, I officially rate this above Hoogekraal now.

jeepers you guys are now really rubbing it in - just when you thought it cant get better - will have to go and inspect

I also enjoy the snakes, buck, caracal and plenty birds of prey around the Tygerberg hills - but it lacks one thing - baboons, for that Jonkers and Tokai are still winners

(sorry as a real aside I was suprised to learn of leopard presence on Paardeberg, that's pretty close to the Ville)

the Slammer is the track opposite CWC at Willowbridge - surprised this is not ridden more, especially when you encounter some of the skills levels on funrides - it is really an excellent place to learn and gain confidence

I think i'll try that this sunday, need the miles & elevation before attakwas.

Will be a good run before the Attakwas, little indurance ride