Fox 32 F125RL not getting full travel

Mojoman

Anyone got a manual for this specific shock. Want to see how much fluid is required in which areas and how to go about checking levels.

• 2 weeks later...

And still I wait for Omnico to acknowledge they have received my email with the receipt for the bike so they can send the part.

Sent that on the 13th Jan, and a follow up email on the 16th and another one today!

What travel should I be getting on my fork. Should I expect to use the full 125mm, say once in a ride?

The O-ring on my shock never seems to be travelling more then 95-100mm after most rides in Tokai, and I ride all the single tracks, some medium jumps and drops etc.

I'm already running at 50 psi which seems low considering the recommendation is 70 psi.

Edited by Alouette3

Also still not sure as to what oil volumes I should be filling. Its the 2010 shock released as a limited Giant edition on the 2011 range, so I assume I should be using the volumes as per below from Fox... no. 23 with and open bath?

post-27175-0-24138800-1390729720_thumb.jpg

What travel should I be getting on my fork. Should I expect to use the full 125mm, say once in a ride?

The O-ring on my shock never seems to be travelling more then 95-100mm after most rides in Tokai, and I ride all the single tracks, some medium jumps and drops etc.

I'm already running at 50 psi which seems low considering the recommendation is 70 psi.

Bring it to us and we'll check it out for you - there could be one of a few things wrong. It'll take maximum half an hour to diagnose.

The Giant OEM forks are the 2010 - 2012 OB RL model, so that's the oil volume to use.

Bring it to us and we'll check it out for you - there could be one of a few things wrong. It'll take maximum half an hour to diagnose.

The Giant OEM forks are the 2010 - 2012 OB RL model, so that's the oil volume to use.

There is no F-series 2010-2012 OB RL on the website, only 2007-2009 or the FIT version.

I'm going to go hunt down a 26mm socket, and have a look inside. I know there is hardly any oil in the left leg, so will go find some 7 or 10wt suspension oil too.

If all else fails, I'll bring it through to you guys. Are you able to get that replacement seal mojoman was talking about, that replaces the foam ring in the air chamber? I'm going to remove it in the mean while, apparently that helps...

This is from Fox when I asked them about my fork...not much help really!

For service instructions you would actually want to find you fork here.

http://service.foxracingshox.com/private/index.htm

For the manual you can find your fork here.

http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&ref=footer

Hi

Please can you tell me which service manual I must use for the

Fox 32 F125RL FIT w/ 15QR Thru Axle and Tapered Steerer, 125mm Travel

From a Giant Trance 2011 x1

There is no F-series 2010-2012 OB RL on the website, only 2007-2009 or the FIT version.

I'm going to go hunt down a 26mm socket, and have a look inside. I know there is hardly any oil in the left leg, so will go find some 7 or 10wt suspension oil too.

If all else fails, I'll bring it through to you guys. Are you able to get that replacement seal mojoman was talking about, that replaces the foam ring in the air chamber? I'm going to remove it in the mean while, apparently that helps...

2005 - 2012 Float 120, 130 and 140, O/B R, RL and RLC Dampers - Spring leg 30cc, damper leg 160cc.

The closest off-the-shelf stuff to Fox Green 10wt is Bel-Ray 10wt, which you'll find at Trac-Mac or a few other motorbike shops.

Those fox links are really useful... if only I could log in! haha

Thanks for all the help Droo, you guys are awesome!

Took a spanner to my old 32 that I crunched between my bike rack and a tree, just to see whats going on inside one of these forks before I go do something stupid to the one on my bike.

So finally pulled my fork apart on Friday. Found as expected my 30ml of oil in my air chamber!

As per mtbr forums and Fox, I removed the foam ring from under the air piston seal, till I find a replacement scraper seal, topped up all the fluids to the correct level and upped the air pressure by about 7psi. The fork is now beautifully plush again and using more of its travel.

Thanks for the thread and input guys.