2014 Masters Worlds

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! And no one must tell me that illegal trail building is just a bunch of miscreants causing trouble. The Hafjell Bikepark exists because of illegal trail builders. The resort owners got together with the illegal trail builders to legalize their trails and start marketing the resort as a summer bikepark. And now look. They've had a world cup there for the last 2 years to market the bikepark.

And in 2014 WORLD CHAMPS are happening in Hafjell!!!!!

So you're saying we can expect a World Cup in Tokai someday soon on the Sneakies?

Sure it can change a lot 'til august !

Then about the track being rad or not ... the weather is gonna be totally different from what you're used down south.

Ok ... Hafjell is in the south of Norway ! :whistling:

Yeah im sure its going to be VERY different - no matter what the track ... when its wet us South Africans just stay indoors ... so we have zero exposure to wet roots and rocks ... so that will be MIGHTY fun ...

But yeah I'm starting to look forward to it!

Guest Omega Man

So you're saying we can expect a World Cup in Tokai someday soon on the Sneakies?

No Hablo Anglais

Guest Omega Man

I know not of these sneakies you speak of.

Yeah im sure its going to be VERY different - no matter what the track ... when its wet us South Africans just stay indoors ... so we have zero exposure to wet roots and rocks ... so that will be MIGHTY fun ...

But yeah I'm starting to look forward to it!

Just 1 week in Morzine (improperly named 'Portes du soleil') and you're the king in muddy conditions ! Ah ah !

Guest Omega Man

I spoke to Chris Nixon now and he reckons Masters is NOT going to be at Hafjell. That will be the Elites only. You have to remember there will be 600 masters racing in DH. 600 riders will destroy that track and it will be totally unrideable for Elites. He said there's 2 separate organizing committees for the 2 events.

Masters will be in Lillehammer. He reckons the XC will also take place in Lillehammer.

So this is what Chris and I are putting together for those interested.

Fly from Either CT or JHB to Geneva

shuttles from Geneva to Morzine

5 days riding in Morzine to get you acclimatized to the steepness of Euro tracks

Catered Accommodation in Morzine. Breakfast & Dinner

Lift Passes

The riding there is gravity orientated but there's loads for the XC guys too. There's an amazing 80km loop that takes you round the entire PDS utilizing the ski lifts. Amazing riding. It's also a good opportunity for the XC guys to get their skills up cos the riding there is way more tech than here.

Shuttles back to Geneva

Flights from Geneva to Lillehammer

Accommodation in Lillehammer

Rental cars if necessary

Flights back to Geneva from Lillehammer

Flights back home.

I'll start sourcing accommodation in Lillehammer next week and pricing flights and getting pricing together. For those that are keen drop me a PM.

Cheers

Duane

Edited by Omega Man

I spoke to Chris Nixon now and he reckons Masters is NOT going to be at Hafjell. That will be the Elites only. You have to remember there will be 600 masters racing in DH. 600 riders will destroy that track and it will be totally unrideable for Elites. He said there's 2 separate organizing committees for the 2 events.

OK, noted ! :wacko:

I seriously doubt (& hope not) there'll be 600 Dhers as we were under 400 in 2007 & 2008 in Praloup.

Guest Omega Man

OK, noted ! :wacko:

I seriously doubt (& hope not) there'll be 600 Dhers as we were under 400 in 2007 & 2008 in Praloup.

Ja. I was just quoting Chris. but the number will be way higher than worlds here that is for sure.

Masters will be in Lillehammer. He reckons the XC will also take place in Lillehammer.

So this is what Chris and I are putting together for those interested.

For your information, I was still doutful about the place for the masters, so I emailed the organisation at post@hafjellresort.com and at first got this answer :

"Most of the events will be in Hafjell"

So I asked what about the DH only and got this :

"Here in Hafjell"

What's Chris's source of information ????

Edited by ED young master

mtbworldchamps.com is the link,click on schedule,and it will give you a brakedown of the timetable.

It looks like everything will be at hafjell

Guest Omega Man

For your information, I was still doutful about the place for the masters, so I emailed the organisation at post@hafjellresort.com and at first got this answer :

"Most of the events will be in Hafjell"

So I asked what about the DH only and got this :

"Here in Hafjell"

What's Chris's source of information ????

Ja I think you are right cos I just saw the schedule of Masters Worlds on the Hafjell website the and it make absolutely no mention of Lillehammer.

Chris heard it from some UCI official when worlds was here.