MTB Handle bar adjustment

Cyclosport

Do the markings with the numbers on this handlebar actually mean anything? I have a flat handle bar with 5 degree sweep as shown.

Which point should the numbers on the bars be in relation to which part of the stem? Middle of the stem clamp face or joint?

handle bar.bmp

Edited by Cyclosport

Yes, they give you a reference so that once you've found your comfortable setting you don't have to do the trial and error thing again.

Yes, they give you a reference so that once you've found your comfortable setting you don't have to do the trial and error thing again.

Thanks droo

I am trying to get the most neutral position for these h/bars in order to benefit from the 5 degree sweep. I am of the opinion that the '0' mark should be lined up with the joint gap on the stem.

Thanks droo

I am trying to get the most neutral position for these h/bars in order to benefit from the 5 degree sweep. I am of the opinion that the '0' mark should be lined up with the joint gap on the stem.

Just remember that not all stems have the gap at TDC (top dead centre) so if you're measuring off a gap that isn't at TDC you have to think for a bit before clamping.

Just remember that not all stems have the gap at TDC (top dead centre) so if you're measuring off a gap that isn't at TDC you have to think for a bit before clamping.

Thanks armpies, havent thought of that and looks as if the gap is at TDC, so should make it easier.

Only used the term TDC when setting my ignition timing on my car...lol