How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

I feel the same way about drugs.

Dopers and gays then ?? I must be the exception as i'm neither.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dopers and gays then ?? I must be the exception as i'm neither.

That's it. I'm getting doped up and going to find that new gay bar in Nigel.

That's it. I'm getting doped up and going to find that new gay bar in Nigel.

Do you also have a saddlebag.

Clever idea I heard was to store stuff in an empty water bottle in the spare cage if you not going far.

or buy the camelbak podium insulated bottles and carry less water...that is also ice cold the whole ride. Two bottles lasts me most rides....everything up to 80km on a mtb or 110 on a roadbike...So camelbak is cumbersome for me....but if it works for you, go for it

Try freezing the bottles overnight - amazing how long they stay cold for on a ride - NOTE some mixes do NOT like this trick...

Camelback is only nice when you go over the bars and land on it full of water... :)

Here is question for the boys carrying tubes....how many of you carry a spare boot as well?

nope!! I'll use my R20 note instead (if needed)...of course I don't stick it on...but use it with a tube...

nope!! I'll use my R20 note instead (if needed)...of course I don't stick it on...but use it with a tube...

ahhhh slim mnr....yip will work...used a piece of smooth bark at joberg2c day 7 last year..

The reason I am asking is, its all fine and well to carry a tube for when you can't plug the hole with a snottie, but normally if you can't plug it, it is because its a cut and probably long enough for the tube to stick out of....which was the case with me.

Try freezing the bottles overnight - amazing how long they stay cold for on a ride - NOTE some mixes do NOT like this trick...

Camelback is only nice when you go over the bars and land on it full of water... :)

Exactly what you said...your whole post that is. :thumbup:

ahhhh slim mnr....yip will work...used a piece of smooth bark at joberg2c day 7 last year..

The reason I am asking is, its all fine and well to carry a tube for when you can't plug the hole with a snottie, but normally if you can't plug it, it is because its a cut and probably long enough for the tube to stick out of....which was the case with me.

On stage races duct tape is a must :cursing: (pref the partner to carry lol)

On stage races duct tape is a must :cursing: (pref the partner to carry lol)

Yea, if I had it would have been perfect, but alas....macgyvered some bark from a blue gum...got me to mackenzie club.

I carry a flat piece of rubber that is sticky on 1 side - much bigger than a boot - sort of like humongous patch and stays in position pretty well over a cut, because it glues to the tire - so holds a long cut together much better than a boot.

I carry a flat piece of rubber that is sticky on 1 side - much bigger than a boot - sort of like humongous patch and stays in position pretty well over a cut, because it glues to the tire - so holds a long cut together much better than a boot.

good tip !

Wrap duct tape around your bombs to protect your fingers from frost bite and to use in other emergencies. If you are a tool (bag) or use a Camelbak, be sure to include a few cable ties of different sizes. These can be useful to handcuff fine looking specimens found along the way.

I don't understand why people think a saddle bag is homo. My brother is always giving me **** about it mentioning some obscure rules of cycling. I am not talking about those things that you can fit a small chinese person inside, just big enough for a tjoop, tool, plugs and a mandela.

On several occasions I have had to bail people out. I would rather be called a homo that to be stuck on the trail.