Extreme Makeover - Morewood Edition

patches

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic here, but if you can spray the Plastidip with the aerosol kit then you should be able to spray it with a normal spray gun? (With the same thinning solvent and ratio)

I'm particularly partial to the one on the right. A close enough match to my Titus.

def the one on the right......Going to look awesome.

I'd go with the one on the right for sure :thumbup:

Bike is going to look awesome !!!

Sorry guys...but I said that yesterday when my opinion was asked, so pretty sure it wont be happening... :ph34r:

:lol: :rolleyes: :D

Cannondale Jekyll (until the end of the month)

Its owner already has his workshop cleaned, tools layed out and all components lined up on the work bench in the order which they will be fitted....

Slightly off topic here, but if you can spray the Plastidip with the aerosol kit then you should be able to spray it with a normal spray gun? (With the same thinning solvent and ratio)

Not off topic at all.

Yup, it's preferred to use a proper spray gun system (like an HVLP) to apply the plastidip. I don't have that equipment available, so went with the Preval system. I must say though that it worked rather well.

Sorry guys...but I said that yesterday when my opinion was asked, so pretty sure it wont be happening... :ph34r:

:lol: :rolleyes: :D

:P

just for that I should purposely use the one on the left! :lol: hahaha!

But yeah, in the sunlight the one of the left looks a little tan/beige, and the one on the right doens't seem so dark/red-ish.

So... one on the right it is!

:P

just for that I should purposely use the one on the left! :lol: hahaha!

But yeah, in the sunlight the one of the left looks a little tan/beige, and the one on the right doens't seem so dark/red-ish.

So... one on the right it is!

Correctly me if i am wrong, will you apply (stick) the vinyl over the plastidip?

Then you need to see what the orange looks like on top of the blue. I think the one on the right might become too dark then?

Dit gaan mal cool lyk. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the process.

Its future owner already has his workshop cleaned, tools layed out and all components lined up on the work bench in the order which they will be fitted....

There, fixed :P

For now it's still mine... ALL MINE... muahahahahaha! :devil:

Correctly me if i am wrong, will you apply (stick) the vinyl over the plastidip?

Then you need to see what the orange looks like on top of the blue. I think the one on the right might become too dark then?

Dit gaan mal cool lyk. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the process.

The vinyl is opaque so the colour of the frame shouldn't affect the outcome. That said though, I'm using 70 micron Grafitack 300 series, not as thin as Graficast (50 micron) but still pretty thin. So the blue might affect it. Theory says it sholdn't make a difference, but a tester is the only way to be sure. Thanks for the heads up!

Not off topic at all.

Yup, it's preferred to use a proper spray gun system (like an HVLP) to apply the plastidip. I don't have that equipment available, so went with the Preval system. I must say though that it worked rather well.

Thanks. I might have an automotive application for that Plastidip. Sound easy enough to apply as well.

As for the Vinyl, Depends on the effect you are looking for. If it's subtle you are going for then LHS. If not then the RHS. A combination of both however...... Light base with a darker inlay with the SUKUMA showing through would be nice. Maybe the Morewood logo on the down tube in the darker shade with a black shadow....

So many options!

Guest Omega Man

Its owner already has his workshop cleaned, tools layed out and all components lined up on the work bench in the order which they will be fitted....

You want ANOTHER one?

Thanks. I might have an automotive application for that Plastidip. Sound easy enough to apply as well.

As for the Vinyl, Depends on the effect you are looking for. If it's subtle you are going for then LHS. If not then the RHS. A combination of both however...... Light base with a darker inlay with the SUKUMA showing through would be nice. Maybe the Morewood logo on the down tube in the darker shade with a black shadow....

So many options!

Check out this youtube channel. These guys have plenty of use for Plastidip in the Automotive industry. Their instructional videos helped me quite a bit in my little project.

Check out this youtube channel. These guys have plenty of use for Plastidip in the Automotive industry. Their instructional videos helped me quite a bit in my little project.

Will do. Thanks.