Extreme Makeover - Morewood Edition

patches

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impression was "Dude, you have too much time on your hands... :-)"

I love the blue and orange idea, my GT 1.0 is in the process of being converted to SS and reborn with his scheme as the inspiration (Will do a build thread on her when i have got some more progress under the belt).

My plan is to go the 2K route due to having had some good experience with it on my model planes.

Still need to find a rigid fork that can handle 26" initially with the long term plan of going 27.5"

post-18786-0-00576900-1389769899_thumb.jpg

So here's my idea for the top of the top tube. The S will be closest to the head tube

post-10758-0-09123700-1389689673_thumb.jpg

It's a rough idea and I'm still working on the design as a whole.

I'd have the SAKUMA letters written so that if you're sitting on the saddle it will read

S

A

K

U

M

A

along the top tube.

Gulf colours should only be applied to things with wheels, not all manner of industrial design chic as has happened of late.

That blue looks fantastic and this Morewood should look thoroughly fanciful when finish – I would just be a touch OCD about actually riding it with intent, considering such a glamorous finish.

Edited by LanceB

You going to clear the frame after all the vinyl has been applied?

Yeah I'm hoping to get the plastidip glossifier to lock everything in and make it all nice and shiney

Yeah I'm hoping to get the plastidip glossifier to lock everything in and make it all nice and shiney

And it will stop the vinyl from peeling as well. :thumbup:

And it will stop the vinyl from peeling as well. :thumbup:

Exactly!

I use soapy water in a spray bottle to apply the vinyl. Works great on normal paint finishes. Not so easy on plastidipped ones. So I think a clear coat or 3 will definitely help that vinyl stay vas

Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Hahaha, me to :lol:

I've got some creative block as I sit in front of my computer and cutter, wondering what the next vinyl design will be