Serengeti Classic MTB Race 2014

scotty

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I just entered for this one.....

Don't laugh but only for the 10km, I think I will be the only adult on the 10km...haha

10km is better than 0km on the couch! Good one, enjoy!!

I seem to be having a problem, it keeps asking me to purchase a CSA license of which I am already a member. Anyone else experience a similar problem.

I just dropped CycleEvents and e-mail regarding the charge for the CSA license, all was sorted within 5 min, if you are experiencing problems with the registration drop them an e-mail, the address is on the registration page.

I am still having the same issue while trying to register. I popped them a mail. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

This profile looks like a Single Speed profile :thumbup:

Speedy services!!! Sorted the R75 out within a minute or 2 via email. Fantastic. Hope the race is just as good as this service!

I have a stupid question....

its my first race and dont know what to take with to the race.

I know i will take my bike, helmet, pants and cooldrinks. What else would I need?

I am giving the 30 another try! Last year's race was terrible with the signs being removed. I really hope it's better this year

I'm in for the 30km.

I know i will take my bike, helmet, pants and cooldrinks. What else would I need?

Maybe some sunblock? :) You don't really need anything over what you usually would use on a ride (don't forget a multi tool and stuff to fix a flat tyre).

Get there early to get ur board, a pair of transition sunglasses will help. Make sure u have a spare tube, pump and u have the skill to change it! Other than that a zipp lock bag for u phone as it is wet in some parts.

A towel and maybe a change of clothes in u car for afterwords and plastic bag for ur shoes in case u get mud on them.

Edited by VicanZA

Can anybody answer this last week with USN event #1 I entered for the 10km race they charged extra R 45 for my Racing number, I now want to enter for the 30km race Serengeti and now they want to charge R75 for Cycling South Africa - CSA Cyclosport. Why the 2 different amounts. Will pay if need be but need more info about it.

What is the correct way, DO i first register on Cycling SA then register for the race or when I register for this race does it register me on Cycling SA automatically

Or am I registered with the previous event.