• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is competing this year?

See it is in Pretoria, so most llikely Babbas Lodge

Anyone with inside info?

Ja at babbas Run same as Afriman just other direction Bike hanger loop twice,dirt road to tar wil be swept and no cars but emergengy car allowed,athletes has to ride a block around to a new entrance to babbas(savety)we hope no rain and it will be a good marked route and wll presented any Q i am there just post

Final weather forcast.

Brace yourself Sheila...

Sat, Mar 08 Numerous showers. Mostly cloudy. Mild. 24°C 16°C 8km/h E 83% 21°C Low 21mm 83%

Got my @ss handed to me....

but weather played along nicely though.

Anyone has an idea if the Momentum off road duathlon series is still on for this year?

Yes we where very blessed with the weather holding up nicely,

I'm convinced the momentum series it will, their web site says so, startes May/June. Does anyone know the exact distances for Saterdays course?

How do they chose the SA team to go to Spain, ready something like the first 8 finishers in each age group?

Yes we where very blessed with the weather holding up nicely,

I'm convinced the momentum series it will, their web site says so, startes May/June. Does anyone know the exact distances for Saterdays course?

How do they chose the SA team to go to Spain, ready something like the first 8 finishers in each age group?

last year it was top eight in each age group. This resulted in between 1-4 athletes in each group saying yes. If you were in the top eight watch your mail.

(if you indicated that you would be open for the long distance you may also get a call back)

Also there is a 10% clause which may/may not be used to expand or reduce the numbers. But as Lappies finished inside of 2hrs, very few will get within 10% of that time (and not be in the top eight of their respective age groups).

But.....

hope you have a big wallet. Canada last year would have set you back 40k at least...

Rand is weaker now so expect about 50k at least...

Also you are not allowed t organsise to get their on your own...

All has to be done on your behalf by TSA.

But.....

hope you have a big wallet. Canada last year would have set you back 40k at least...

Rand is weaker now so expect about 50k at least...

Tell me about Canada emptied my savings big time....Wife has banned me from going for the next few years at least....

Also you are not allowed t organsise to get their on your own...

All has to be done on your behalf by TSA.

At least Craig was a super team manager. Hadley also help organise some cool shirts and stuff. Big thumbs up to them for last year.

sheesh thats steep, so guess ill be skipping it his year, although I'd love to have that experience of racing overseas.

so how was canada?