Leighs Cycle Shop at Pavillion

jules1976

Hi there

So after years of debating i finally decided on getting a Garmin an not wanting to splash out too many Mandelas; i opted to settle for an older second hand unit in great nick.

Managed to score a cadence sensor in the deal excluding the magnets. :thumbup:

Made numerous calls including Garmin to source replacements cadence magnets but alas no one had any in stock and some cycle shops werent event keen to offer assistance as they didnt stock the Garmin range :eek:

The HRM wasnt working :oops: , contacted seller and advised its probably the battery that needed to be replaced as he hadnt used the item in a while. He suggested i go to Sportmans Warehouse for the battery and pairing the unit with the HRM.

Didnt get much help there Salesmen didnt even ask if i had done the pairing correctly or if the battery needed to be replaced suggested i book the item in and they facilitate couriering it off to Garmin. Really ??? :thumbdown:

So i walk over to Leighs cycles and ask the salesmen for a replacement battery for the HRM and if he has cadence magnets. At this point in time, the shop manager or owner was overhearing our conversation and my request looking for cadence magnets. To my luck at that point in time he was opening a New Garmin Edge unit which included the Cadence Sensor and parts. He promptly handed over cadence sensor magnets to the Salesmen and asked him to ring this up with my bill. :w00t:

I promptly thanked the manager and explained how i had been searching for this item for the last two days.

Well done to Leighs Cycles :thumbup:

I shall be going there in future for my biking requirements close to work but not the only bike shop in the area.

Hi there

So after years of debating i finally decided on getting a Garmin an not wanting to splash out too many Mandelas; i opted to settle for an older second hand unit in great nick.

Managed to score a cadence sensor in the deal excluding the magnets. :thumbup:

Made numerous calls including Garmin to source replacements cadence magnets but alas no one had any in stock and some cycle shops werent event keen to offer assistance as they didnt stock the Garmin range :eek:

The HRM wasnt working :oops: , contacted seller and advised its probably the battery that needed to be replaced as he hadnt used the item in a while. He suggested i go to Sportmans Warehouse for the battery and pairing the unit with the HRM.

Didnt get much help there Salesmen didnt even ask if i had done the pairing correctly or if the battery needed to be replaced suggested i book the item in and they facilitate couriering it off to Garmin. Really ??? :thumbdown:

So i walk over to Leighs cycles and ask the salesmen for a replacement battery for the HRM and if he has cadence magnets. At this point in time, the shop manager or owner was overhearing our conversation and my request looking for cadence magnets. To my luck at that point in time he was opening a New Garmin Edge unit which included the Cadence Sensor and parts. He promptly handed over cadence sensor magnets to the Salesmen and asked him to ring this up with my bill. :w00t:

I promptly thanked the manager and explained how i had been searching for this item for the last two days.

Well done to Leighs Cycles :thumbup:

I shall be going there in future for my biking requirements close to work but not the only bike shop in the area.

If it was a short oke (very short) with grey-ish hair, that's Leigh. Good bunch of blokes there...

Before I moved to jozi they were. my LBS,although pricey at times the service was always top notch!!! Went back there in december while on holiday guys were still just as welcoming and interested to hear hw things were going and got a few hundreds rands off some new giros for my feet.

Two thumbs up for them!