Friends of Magaliesberg

CMK

Good morning

The last week or so driving past the school I saw the gate leading up to the cement road is closed/may be locked. If it is locked, where can I access the singletrack over weekends?

Edited by cjlieben

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not locked, just looks like it - you can push it open. Just close it behind you. There's some people living at the waterworks lapa (caretaker and family) and they close the gate.

It's not locked, just looks like it - you can push it open. Just close it behind you. There's some people living at the waterworks lapa (caretaker and family) and they close the gate.

Dankie

Oh yes and watch out for the horse **** ... apparently the horses have taken to walking the trails daily now, and we all know they prefer to take a dump right where you're at speed and don't expect it.

• 1 year later...

Howzit. Is this trail still open and accessible? How long is it now? Still safe to ride on your own?

I haven't been up there for a very long time....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Went for a walk/run with the dogs on Monday.

The trails quite neat and there has definitely been some work done. The rain seems to have washed away some of the dirt on the trails making them a bit more rocky(read:more fun).

There is also another section added called the "Bouwer broers"(or I might just never have seen it before?),it starts where the "Yak" trail loops back. Nothing too exciting feature wise but is very well prepped for a new trail. The new route is also quite scenic.

Will definitely be doing a ride there this weekend,maybe Saturday. 

I will also be joining friends of the Magaliesberg,they do good work and I think it is a good cause. Maybe we can convince them to put in some more exciting features like drops and bridges.

Hi,

Went for a walk/run with the dogs on Monday.

The trails quite neat and there has definitely been some work done. The rain seems to have washed away some of the dirt on the trails making them a bit more rocky(read:more fun).

There is also another section added called the "Bouwer broers"(or I might just never have seen it before?),it starts where the "Yak" trail loops back. Nothing too exciting feature wise but is very well prepped for a new trail. The new route is also quite scenic.

Will definitely be doing a ride there this weekend,maybe Saturday. 

I will also be joining friends of the Magaliesberg,they do good work and I think it is a good cause. Maybe we can convince them to put in some more exciting features like drops and bridges.

Cab you drop a pin or something to show us where it is, please?

https://www.strava.com/activities/504093907

The new sections is the long out and back route shown in the ride.

Great. Thanks. Haven't been up there for a very long time - too scared to venture out alone into the mountain just incase there was nothing anymore.

Sal defnitief weer gaan. Ek is in die noorde, soek plek om te ry. Het my eie xco-tipe roete gesny op my plot in de wildt.

• 5 years later...

Good day everyone

I think I may be digging up the past here but are these trails still active at all? I've just moved into the area and was searching for something accessible. If they are still open and maintained, is it safe to go alone?

Many thanks,

Went riding there a bunch of times at the start of 2021. Was well maintained and access is good, just enter via die pedestrian gate at 30th Ave and Crots, or alternatively at the reservoir past Wonderboom HS.

Haven't been riding there lately but we did a short walk with the family a couple of months back and all seems in good nick.

Might be heavily overgrown now with all the rain, so just take it easy.