Hanging a mountain bike.

flyluis

I hang mine by the saddle.

Those red plastic covered hooks from builders for R30 for a 2 pack, and a piece of foam to protect the handlebars.

See....

Good example of "you can never have enough bikes"

Thanks Wayne! :clap:

Go buy the exact same thing at Builders wharehouse (the screw in one with rubber coating) for about R30.00. I hang my bikes on these hooks and have been doing it for years without problems.

Dunno when you got them for that at Builders, but I think they cottoned on to the market. I bought 2 for ~ R240 when I was there last June / July.

post-16445-0-60165900-1390297195_thumb.jpg

*edit* - here's a similar thread - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/129154-best-way-to-hang-bike/

Edited by MTBc

Good example of "you can never have enough bikes"

Thanks Wayne! :clap:

This pic is a bit old now...its gotten worse.

think my wife wants to hang me from one of those hooks.

If you are interested, i can take more detailed pics of the hanging method

Why not just hang it from the back wheel?

'cos then you come out with less space under the bike. Put the seat down, and you have quite a bit more space now that the bars aren't in the way. Quite a bit..

I hang mine by the saddle.

Those red plastic covered hooks from builders for R30 for a 2 pack, and a piece of foam to protect the handlebars.

See....

n+1 much?

i like bikes :blush:

Got my Gates Drive Honeybadger last night. My wife wants to know why. I took the 5th. Now you gave me the answer.

Got my Gates Drive Honeybadger last night. My wife wants to know why. I took the 5th. Now you gave me the answer.

pics or it never happened.

Dude, don't waste your money on those stylish hooks at Builders, all you need is some naaaai-lon rope, "bloudraad" and an imagination.

I think this is better than haging them upside down from the rafters as I do - sometimes I need to piump the brake levers to get them working again - feels like the an air bubble has gone to the caliper ?? :mellow:

*hijack on* nice hounds ichops, have two of my own. *hijack off*

*hijack on* nice hounds ichops, have two of my own. *hijack off*

"hijack back on"Yip the light of my life - both rescues now 9 + 10 years old "hijack off"