Engen 2 Engen Morning Ride Info

Lizzardd

Hi all

I've heard about this morning group ride, but don't really know when/where/regularity etc.

Can someone please post info

Is there a ride tomorrow (Thur 23rd Jan)? if so what time?

Thanks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seen a LOT of negative comments on twitter about this ride.. rude riders, going through red robots etc etc..

cant vouch, just seen a lot of negative stuff re this..

Hmm, guess I will have to chance it the 1st time

seen a LOT of negative comments on twitter about this ride.. rude riders, going through red robots etc etc..

cant vouch, just seen a lot of negative stuff re this..

How long does the avg joe take to get back?

Its around 40km. I would say 1h20mins. Wed chilled and Friday coffee ride. Tues & Thurs fast.

Its around 40km. I would say 1h20mins. Wed chilled and Friday coffee ride. Tues & Thurs fast.

Cool, will try make it tomorrow, hopefully I can keep up

How long does the avg joe take to get back?

If you look at the results on Strava, this is not a ride for average Joe's

Like fabs said, you have to be pretty strong to stick with the main bunch, Tuesday they where averaging close on 34km/h (at least for the 20min I managed to hang on). But having said that, I usually go at my own pace and there are plenty of other people doing it by themselves or in small groups, it's just a matter of learning the route which has quite a couple of turns in it. Best is to find someone to go with the first couple of times or see if you can to join someone along the way.

And watch out for the Putco busses on Oxford as well as the lights coming down the hill on Sandton Drive!

Here's one version, after wicklow there are a couple of different options and I think it varies sometimes? Start is on top, cnr William Nicol and Main

post-49186-0-60026300-1390405088_thumb.png

Edited by someuser

Shew 34km/h, definitely not strong enough for that yet.

Will join next week and hope for the best.

Can anyone post a garmin link, then I will just follow it on my garmin

• 1 year later...

HI I am in the Randburg area and am aware of the Engen2Engen group Rides in the mornings and would join up at Northcliff corner, anyone  know what time the group or groups may pass or meet up there, or perhaps of any other group rides in the morning? rather be safe than sorry

Thanks