Engen 2 Engen Morning Ride Info

Lizzardd

So I haven't done any personally but based on a few of my friends' Strava activities they seem to start at the Engen on Main road just North of the intersection with William Nicol at 4:55 on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays.

Again, this is based on what I have seen on Strava and not personal experience so don't take it as gospel.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seen a LOT of negative comments on twitter about this ride.. rude riders, going through red robots etc etc..

cant vouch, just seen a lot of negative stuff re this..

4 year old post..... timeless

I havent rode this route for a while, this past Friday I was there a bit early, so instead of waiting I decided to start riding so long. As I crossed William Nicol (green for me) two idiots on their way to the engen blasted over the red light, almost crashed into me and then proceeded to hurl abuse at me for not having a light on the front. I then remembered why I havent ridden this for a while. 

So I haven't done any personally but based on a few of my friends' Strava activities they seem to start at the Engen on Main road just North of the intersection with William Nicol at 4:55 on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays.

Again, this is based on what I have seen on Strava and not personal experience so don't take it as gospel.

The rides are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Not sure what their pace rules are but they normally pass me around Northcliff Botanical Gardens area....and they are flying!! I’m guessing they around 32km/h ave on this ride at a minimum.

Race rules on Tuesdays so save your legs on Monday (don't expect anyone to wait if you puncture or get dropped). Wed is slightly more chilled and less hilly. Thursday hots up again and is almost as fast as Tuesdays and then Friday is a coffee ride as everyone gets ready for the weekend.
If you have a mtb bike Wed goes out to Kyalami and is pretty quick and Friday is a surf&turf which is a whole lot of fun....

From what I hear it's still the same MO for this ride. 4 years on and they haven't changed their ways ITO obeying the road rules and safety. Not cool IMHO.

Are there any other group rides, in and around the area (or even Randburg) with groups bigger than 10 that you guys would suggest.

Looking for a good bunch of people to keep the accountability going of meeting with a bunch and also pushing each other to ride better and faster

Thanks

Archived