Could I bother a few of ya for advice? Tire liners.....

Josh0

Thanks Maxxis I will make sure I inflate them to 300psi tonight. I will ask my GF to hold the wheel close her face while I inflate them all the way......

Have a great weekend guys! ;)

Don't laugh, I did this to myself doing one of my first tubeless conversions, ok not 300 psi but just to about 55 - 60 psi...figured I'd help the sealant find a few more little sidewall holes quicker.... popped the tyre off the rim and my ear was ringing from the POP for a good few minutes

Rocket Ron TR on Stans tubeless rim

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't laugh, I did this to myself doing one of my first tubeless conversions, ok not 300 psi but just to about 55 - 60 psi...figured I'd help the sealant find a few more little sidewall holes quicker.... popped the tyre off the rim and my ear was ringing from the POP for a good few minutes

Rocket Ron TR on Stans tubeless rim

Shizer that sounds terrible! I have never liked seating beads on tires, even when someone else does it. I'd rather stand a few meters away and observe with my ears muffled.

Nonetheless, tubeless is the best move that I've made in a while. The tires even roll better, and feedback is better aswell.

Without mentioning a shops name, I am aware that at this establishment they put the wheel inside the toilet, close the door a it and then inflate ......

Without mentioning a shops name, I am aware that at this establishment they put the wheel inside the toilet, close the door a it and then inflate ......

Seriously? Thats flippen hilarious! Well the toilet is the most secure place to do dodgy things in.......

Inflate with what....or shouldn't I ask :oops:

Lighter than air gas?

Edited by SwissVan

Don't take tubeless advise from Swissvan, Stan's goes on "New Products" shelf in Switzerland. :whistling: Sorry Van, You should have seen the looks I got when asking for tubeless tyres and Stan's 2 years ago.

Tubeless specific rims can basically take most tubeless tires as the rim is made to take the tyre and the beading of the tyre is done by over-inflating it (+-3 bar) then letting pressure down to whatever you need or soaping up the bead so it pops easier.

When converting normal rims to tubeless it can be a bit of a hassle depending on the rim. Some will only inflate with a huge compressor pumping in air and others are easier(DT swiss ones gave me hell). Tyres that worked easier on the conversion route where ones with a stiffer sidewall like Maxis and Geax TNT. Spez control and even Schwalbe Tyres gave some problems because of the softer sidewalls.

Good luck and stay away from those slime filled tubes. I have never had one that worked. It seems that it seals the hole, but the thorn "cuts" away at the tube as you ride till the sealant cannot seal anymore.