Could I bother a few of ya for advice? Tire liners.....

Josh0

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again to you all.

I quickly rushed home, took both our wheelsets off and rushed them to my LBS for the tubeless conversion. Her Nevegals are old tech so I'll stick her with some more modern ready tires.

Wheels will be ready after work, so tomorrow I will go for my first BLISS ride! F Yeah!

Here's a tip for true BLISS

When you get them back inflate both to around 300kpa / 45psi. Let them lie on their sides to help the last little leaks to seal. Keep flipping them over every hour or so.

Leave them till morning.

Adjust pressure as required.

The first 24 hours post conversion is critical.

Edited by Maxxis

Here's a tip for true BLISS

When you get them back inflate both to around 300 40 - 45psi. Let them lie on their sides to help the last little leaks to seal. Keep flipping them over every hour or so.

Leave them till morning.

Adjust pressure as required.

The first 24 hours post conversion is critical.

:eek: 300psi

Edit she screamed......

That's guaranteed to give you sore eardrums

My GF on the other hand has a 2012 GT Avalanche 2.0 and her wheelset is not tubeless ready.

I can't get a proper ride in without re-inflating OUR tires throughout the ride.

Tell her to get rid of the tubes. Then ride often and hopefully you can stay inflated for the duration.

Now excuse me, I have a mind to go clean. :whistling:

As my mate Vic's wife would say 'I have 2 words for you Tjoop-Liss', it really is the answer :thumbup:

I know that many will shoot this down but I have some training bikes with non tubeless tyres fitted as tubeless (merely a cost saving excercise) and it works fine ........

Nothing to shoot down!! It works....well...period....what moer do one need?

Google Ghetto tubeless and for R200 tops you'll be "converted" !!

Crap.. Long week. haha

300 kpa or 45 psi

:D

Thanks Maxxis I will make sure I inflate them to 300psi tonight. I will ask my GF to hold the wheel close her face while I inflate them all the way......

Have a great weekend guys! ;)

I have always sworn by tyre liners. Nobody seems to agree with me though.

Some time ago a friend borrowed my bike for a race (he's never riden mtb) and for some reason he thought it was a good idea to replace my tubes and liners with those pre slime filled tubes. He thought he was doing me a favour.

I got my first puncture on my first ride after getting the bike back. I didn't have a spare with me and thought I pump the tyre just to get home. The slime had managed to clog up the valve and I couldn't un-screw or even pump air into the tube. I ended up snapping the valve trying to get it open. I was so p*ssed off with him that day.

:eek: 300psi

Edit she screamed......

That's guaranteed to give you sore eardrums

Like the day I got distracted while inflating a conversion at the shop and "killed" the koi...

Like the day I got distracted while inflating a conversion at the shop and "killed" the koi...

This sounds like a good story......do tell!

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great weekend. So my GF and I went for our first BLISS ride on Saturday. Wheels took a hammering through rocks, got swarmed by angry devil thorns and the Stans just laughed all the way.

Best money I have spent this year so far! Thanks for talkin me into it!

Have a great day y'all! ;)

This sounds like a good story......do tell!

I was chatting to a customer while seating a tyre, and didn't pay attention to the pressure. There's a fishpond with koi outside the shop, which I then used to check whether the tyre had sealed. Next minute, there was this almighty explosion, my ears were ringing and my hands throbbing like crazy! The tyre had popped completely off the rim! I looked down at the water and saw what looked like little bits of fish flesh…I later realised that it was drops of sealant, and, luckily no fish were sacrificed… :blush:

Edited by Tumbleweed