• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there!

You guys should do the DH too.

It's just a steep natural line with no big hits on it :thumbup:

I am going to take a full face with this time incase I decide to do the DH but will decide over that weekend :thumbup:

both the DH and Enduro will be on trails that are rideable on an AM bike - as Super Mill says the DH has no big hits in it ... 2 drop offs (that will be designed so you can roll them of you want - but at speed you float off them) ... and one double (with a B-line around it) ... the main thing with this track is its gradient ... Its STEEP! you are on the brakes from start to finish.

The Enduro will use 3 stages - an edited version of Stage 1 (Gravity Dice) from the Giba Enduro, A shortened version of Stage 2, and then a brand new Stage 3. Stage 3 has 2 short climbs but other than that there is no climbing in the stages ...

Stage 1 is FAST with an open natural section down a hill then onto a groomed trail with taletops, and then down a super fast section to the finish.

Stage 2 is Technical with tight switches everywhere and a technical root and rock fest section that will test the riders skill to get through fast ...

Stage 3 is all new - starting in an old platform area it drops off a couple of banks onto a FAST road with a flat out righthander at the bottom - will be interesting to see who can get this right at speed without washing out (DONT washout as you will slide on granite gravel that will eat you for breakfast - Giba Tattoos will be in effect if you come off here) ... then a left turn takes you onto Top Gear which has a number of tight switchbacks dropping you off the hill - they come up on you fast so be aware ... then a rolling final section through some rocks and up a short climb littered with roots takes you into the final downhill to the finish ... Its a rad stage

Just out of interest, but how long are these stages? 3 stages seem quite little, all things considered. Unless the stages are quite long?

Nico the stages will be around 4 to 5 minutes each.

The goal of KZN Provincial Enduro for this year is to grow the sport, with the Enduro being on the Saturday afternoon after the XCO event, it cant be an all day affair, So you get to practice in the morning (if you are not racing the XCO) and then race in the afternoon.

We have worked out that 3 stages are fine for an event that needs to span 3 hours ... liason sections are 15 minutes generally speaking.

So KZN MTB dont want to have the events too long and wear guys out - we want them to have FUN!

Nico the stages will be around 4 to 5 minutes each.

The goal of KZN Provincial Enduro for this year is to grow the sport, with the Enduro being on the Saturday afternoon after the XCO event, it cant be an all day affair, So you get to practice in the morning (if you are not racing the XCO) and then race in the afternoon.

We have worked out that 3 stages are fine for an event that needs to span 3 hours ... liason sections are 15 minutes generally speaking.

So KZN MTB dont want to have the events too long and wear guys out - we want them to have FUN!

Shot. Makes a lot of sense.

Cool - so basically we are trying to get it that an Individuals ride time is 2 hours ... with around 100 riders going off at about 30 second intervals this allows for an extra hour to get through all the competitors .. so the entire event lasts for 3 to 3 1/2 hours ....

Done and dusted