The Classics

T-Bob

12:58:06 CEST

The group is: Perrig Quémeneur (Europcar), Mattia Pozzo and Giorgio Cecchinel (Neri Sottoli), Matthias Brändle (IAM), Christopher Williams (Novo Nordisk) and Kiel Reijnen (UnitedHealthcare). They got away almost at the start.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillipe Gilbert is the only previous winner riding here today. He would surely love to take the win here again. He is leading a strong BMC team including Michael Schär and Stephen Cummings.

Is the break already starting to give in? After a maximum gap of 6:50, it is now down to 6:40!

Lotto Belisol's early part of the Classics season didn't go to plan, and the Belgian team really wants to remedy that. Tony Gallopin and Jurgen Van den Broeck are leading the team here.

Things are going on as usual at the race. Everyone is doing a lot of upping and downing, and the gap is holding steady at 6:40.

The gap is definitely falling, now that everyone is on the climbs. With 125 km to go, it is down to 6:18.

Which nation has won this race the most often? Belgium, of course, no surprise there. The host country has won here 35 times, followed by the Netherlands with a mere six wins.

114 km to go and no change in the situation. We in the blimp are enjoying the beautiful sunshine and bright blue skies, but it could be a bit warmer.....

The oldest rider here today is Davide Rebellin (CCC Polsat), who is 42. The youngest -- who from age could really Rebellin's son -- is Edward Diaz of the Colombia team, at a mere 19 years.

Interesting, the field is putting the break group on a long line here, a very long line. The gap is now up to 6:48, which we believe is the highest so far today.

Team Novo Nordisk is here today, and proclaims it to be their first race in Belgium ever!

114 km to go and no change in the situation. We in the blimp are enjoying the beautiful sunshine and bright blue skies, but it could be a bit warmer.....

aaaahhhh, how i wish i could go for a ride right now.

aaaahhhh, how i wish i could go for a ride right now.

Tell me about it...

My ears are zinging from this head cold :-(