The Classics

T-Bob

It's in the rain where Sagan's supreme bike handling skills can come to the fore, especially the descents

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nibali continues to push on. He'll look to catch the leaders on the descent and then hit them on the Poggio. Assuming of course he can hold off the bunch but that's a huge ask. The Italian has 30 seconds on the peloton though. That's a decent gap at this stage.

It's no longer Cannondale on the front. I think that's Lotto or Giant doing the work.

The questions are how much room with they give the Astana leader and which team will chase him?

26 seconds between Nibali and the chase. He'll put his descending skills to good use now.

Guys must be kaking a bit for the descents (esp the hairpins at the bottom of the Poggio). Every chance of someones front wheel washing out and taking people down. Makes sense to go out front.

True

GO SAGAN

The two leaders look back, and soon they'll see Nibali coming over to them. The wet roads are a factor for everyone. Who has the skills and who will take the risks?

Nibali cant' wait for anyone. With 18km to go he need to bridge up to the two leaders and then attack them on the Poggio and go clear. He can't lose a single second at this rate.

There's a splinter move with Cancellara, Stybar and Sagan included but that's been shut down.

This stop-start action is only going to help Nibali but now Cannondale move up again. The whole race is split by just 48 seconds as de Marchi again sets the pace.