Good smartphone for riding

madbradd

Um, the same way it works on any android?

nope, people just assume that all gps in phones are identical. The rf package\chipset used is crucial, has to pick up weak signals from outer space remember. In saying that, it's quite hard to get details on GPS hardware in phones.

Yeah, cause I have to be pin point accurate for a missile strike. Trust me, for endomondo, even my ancient Nokia 6110 Nav is perfect.

Edited by Cellar

I must say that is one of the things I like about my S4, it uses the gps satellite constellation as well as the Russian GLONASS satellite navigation constellation, thus giving better accuracy especially in built up and forested areas as well as quicker lock on times.

R500pm hefty for a cycle phone. I'm using previous iPhone with a bit if prepaid data so virtually free

It's not R500p/m. It is R500 cash, once off. Don't get cheaper than that

By the way, I've tested Endomondo on the Steppa and it works great so far, going to take it with tomorrow on a long ride and see how the battery holds up if anyone is interested.

I use an old Motorola MB525 (aka defy) for cycling. It is a GPS enabled smartphone. The phone is waterproof, quite rugged and is relatively small. Battery life is ok - running strava for about 4 hours uses about a 1/3 of the battery.

I use an old Motorola MB525 (aka defy) for cycling. It is a GPS enabled smartphone.......

As do I.

It's not R500p/m. It is R500 cash, once off. Don't get cheaper than that

My bad. Don't know where I got that from !!