bike jacking.

frame

My wife saw 4 guys at about 12 o clock noking a guy of his bike. 1 took the bike the others ran off. This happened on bottelary road close to kuilsriver. She did stop To help the rider but the bike was gone. O this happened 30/01

I think we start mailing or informing PPA and WPCA about these attacks. Its a daily occurrence it seems. F'n sad if you ask me. In no area are we safe to ride.

Frankly, this is rediculous! Firstly, an attempted bike jacking ot the Welgevonden traffic light on Sunday (26/01/2014) and now this! I use this route to commute to work (Stellenbosch -> Bellville) but at the rate things are going, I am seriously thinking of just sticking to Jonkershoek...

Number to call if anyone notice any suspicious cars or characters.

PH.021 5961999

Don't think I'll call the number while being jacked... They'll prolly take my phone :)

Be safe out there guys. Try and train in groups if you can and be aware of your surroundings. Let's not be easy targets for this scum.

Be safe out there guys. Try and train in groups if you can and be aware of your surroundings. Let's not be easy targets for this scum.

The guy that was almost jacked on Sunday (26/01/2014) was the last guy in a peleton of riders. Pedestrian simply hooked the handlebar as he passed (he fell a couple of meters behind) and pulled a gun. First he wanted cash/phone and upon being told the cyclist had none, he proceeded to try and take the bike. Luckily by this time some of the other cyclists as well as cars stopped and assisted. Pedestrian ran away without getting anything...

I have strapped pepper spray onto my handlebar for easy access when commuting... not fool proof, but maybe it will help (i.e. don't bring pepper spray to a gunfight, but also don't bring a knife to a pepper spray fight ;) )