ERGON Grips: any good?

worriesnot

I have Marys on my bike, and I absolutely love them!

Great to hear that there are a other Hubbers who have discovered the virtues of the Mary Handlebar. I am probably the only 'weirdo' in our cycling club running a Mary at the moment.

I've recently moved my Mary over to my new build, a Momsen Steel frame 29er and it is bliss.

post-19702-0-16145600-1391598758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karakoram

• 3 weeks later...

Great to hear that there are a other Hubbers who have discovered the virtues of the Mary Handlebar. I am probably the only 'weirdo' in our cycling club running a Mary at the moment.

I've recently moved my Mary over to my new build, a Momsen Steel frame 29er and it is bliss.

Do you have a tennis ball under your seat too?

What grips are those, look similar to ergons

Used to have a cheap set of ergonomic grips (think RavX was about R120), they worked OK. After a year the Hard plastic Shoulder/clamp of the grips started to hurt my hands since the soft part of the grips eventually lost its shape.

I have replaced these with a set of Specialized BG grips (R250), which is a lot smaller (feels like I have more control with the Spez grips).

Ergon Grips seems brilliant, I just cant get over the price...

I rode with ergon grips for a while, and didn't like the fact that the grips forced a specific hand/wrist angle. I like to drop my wrists a little when riding certain technical sections, as to put more force "behind the bike" rather than "down on top of the bike". It's the only reason I went back to esi grips....

Edited by DomP

• 3 weeks later...

Ive broken my right hand twice and was experiencing an incredible amount of pain in my wrists and hand. As i do mostly DH/FR and trail I thought their shape would be a hinderence but they are amazing.

I'd no longer be a rider if it weren't for them. if you have hand problems i strongly recconmend you get them.

Ive broken my right hand twice and was experiencing an incredible amount of pain in my wrists and hand. As i do mostly DH/FR and trail I thought their shape would be a hinderence but they are amazing.

I'd no longer be a rider if it weren't for them. if you have hand problems i strongly recconmend you get them.

I have the GP1's

The ergons are probably the best but very pricey, a kind hubber gave me a almost new set of Ravx ergon style grips, work like a charm, you just need to keep your hands in board of the hard plastic end pieces which hurt/bruise the hell out of you if you grip on them.