Onza Canis 29er - any good?

Rich

Has anyone tried these tyres and what is the feedback?

Do they work on both front and rear?

I see they come in 120 and 60 psi - apparently the 60 psi is tougher and recommended on the back.

I like the look of the tread and am told weight is comparable to Racing Ralph's so wondering whether to try them? Predominately riding like Sani2C.

Thanks.

Rode a brand new Onza Canis for one day on W2W (long story why it was fitted after bike transport to the race). I had more punctures in one day than the whole preceding year. Went back to Geax. One puncture since. Bad luck? Maybe...

Use the thicker one of the two options. the thin one is just too thin. I have used both, and now have them in 26x2.25 flavour in two of my bikes.

Lekker tyres for summer here in the cape, and I imagine they would work lekker for Sani from what I can remember.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got a set yesterday - will be testing them out in Stellenbosch and comparing to Rons and Ralphs. They came on my bike, hopefully they are okay!

We changed a team over to the canis on the epic, they are looking at racing with onza tyres next year rather than the brand they were using.

They loved the tyres!

I. Have the 27.5. Also the reckon the 60tpi casing is a bit thicker than 120.

I'm running Onza on my Mavic SLR's. Awesome tyres! No issues!

I'm running Canis in the front, and Lynx on the rear wheel.