Jonkershoek trail map, Help us make a live one

extremelights

Suspect a print version will work better for the bulk of the riders. My maps have QR codes on them so you can go to the TMB website to download the pdf on to your phone as well.

Kool. We plan to link to kml files that will work with google earth on your phone. That way you can see where you are and where you should go.

But most of the work will go in to straining the segments together to tailor for each type of rider.

It is also a reason to go ride but the more people that sends us there gpx tcx files the better. At the end we will go check the routes we plan. Jonkershoek as lots of trails so this could be challenging

I think you're right, but in terms of getting sharing the trails logs, etc. How they get implemented/displayed etc. is up to the different parties.

What would be cool is big map at the trail entrance, printed handheld copies if you want, small QR code on the big map for those who are a bit more tech savvy. (This is kind of what I've seen at ski-resort)

that is the plan

So please send us your gpx tcx files to support@extremelights.co.za

If your rides are in strava you can export them to gpx very easily

strava.JPG

Then email me the rides to support@extremelights.co.za

So far I have about 7 Logs.

sent you one

Have you made contact with Iride yet?

yes. they want money for there data. I understand why and respect that. At this stage this is going to cost a lot for the printing and work which Extremelights will cover. And so much better if the community can get involved.

Fair enough, (thought there could of been a shared advertising opportunity for extremelights and Iride)

I don't ride there much, but will send what I have when I get a chance.

Edited by Flowta

Well it is ok. This is fun also so I am not to worried.

Just email the gpx tcx files to support@extremelights.co.za

For some reason kml files don't have hight.

a thanks goes out to for everyone that have send there gpx files to us so far. There are still some gaps so please if you have been in Jonkerhoek and you have logged it using your Garmin, Strava or Endemodo you can help us by sending the activities to support@extremelights.co.za

Edited by extremelights

a thanks goes our to for everyone that have send there gpx files to us so far. There are still some gaps so please if you have been in Jonkerhoek and you have logged it using your Garmin, Strava or Endemodo you can help us by sending the activities to support@extremelights.co.za

Going there tomorrow. Will send you what info we get...

We got some good response so far. I am not sure that we have all the gravel roads. If you have done some sessions in Jonkerhoek and you have it saved on your Strava, Endemondo or Garmin please export it and mail to info@extremelights.co.za or support@extremelights.co.za

We plan to make a big map and some handouts maps for the gate with different routes. This should help those that don't really know the park to ride some epic single tracks

Good job on collecting the data so far! Just to clarify though, I didn't 'want money for my data'-in fact I can't remember getting an email at all about this subject? It's just that I actually don't have the current data in a useful format as I use proprietary software and a mixture of programs to create our maps...just to clarify ;)

Edited by iRide

• 2 months later...

You can use strava to find different routes through the "segments" function, instead of waiting for everyone to send you their routes. Just go onto the "explore" tab and go to the Jonkershoek area and look for a popular (or any) segment and look on the leaderboard and then click on someone's time and it shows you the route they road when they did this segment? This could be a help trying to fill in the "gaps" in your data.

Hope I'm not being ignorant and this is of some help!

If it isn't, reply and I will send you my gpx files of mine and my friends' jonkers rides. All fairly recent so they will be up to date with new trails etc.

Thanks for this idea, would be a great feature to have!

• 2 weeks later...

Good job on collecting the data so far! Just to clarify though, I didn't 'want money for my data'-in fact I can't remember getting an email at all about this subject? It's just that I actually don't have the current data in a useful format as I use proprietary software and a mixture of programs to create our maps...just to clarify ;)

For a while there I was thinking you were turning into a full blown capitalist :w00t: