Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carma is a BITCH. THEY WILL GET THEIR TURN SOONER OR LATER. Hope you finished though.

Did finish, had a decent walk and then a lady in car asked if I wanted a lift and I said "yes" unless you have a pump or bomb, and she scratched around in the back and found one..... made it to the end 4:40someting I think :-(

Did finish, had a decent walk and then a lady in car asked if I wanted a lift and I said "yes" unless you have a pump or bomb, and she scratched around in the back and found one..... made it to the end 4:40someting I think :-(

Nice, my seat post dropped up Ou Wapad. Stopped to fix it and stripped the screw, and my m..r as well. struggled all the way home. Not lekker with no power going to the cranks. legs a bit tender this morning. Some you win some you loose. Ended up 5:20. 50mins slower than last year. :eek:  :oops:  :blush:

Nice, my seat post dropped up Ou Wapad. Stopped to fix it and stripped the screw, and my m..r as well. struggled all the way home. Not lekker with no power going to the cranks. legs a bit tender this morning. Some you win some you loose. Ended up 5:20. 50mins slower than last year. :eek: :oops: :blush:

aaaah shucks, sorry to hear that Smurfy, more reason to comeback next year.

Carma is a BITCH. THEY WILL GET THEIR TURN SOONER OR LATER. Hope you finished though.

I had a nice ride till the back of simola where I got a puncture (sidewall cut, that must have happened WAAAY earlier and only started loosing air there)

I bombed it, and stans did it's thing, up and over Simola...and booooom, pishhhh, pishhhh, pishhhh...

Bombed and 500m later pishhhh, pishhhh....

Plug and it does not want to seal....ride 150m pishhhh, pishhhh

So not I am 1/3 down the hill and no more bombs (4 done).....start walking...

Thinking, us MTB'ers are cool okes, and always greet and help each other, surely someone will help me out with a bomb or pump? I MEAN THAT IS WHAT THEY CLAIM on thehub...

No-one, stops....carry on walking....

I shout...do you have bomb please..."sorry no"

I shout...do you have pump please..."sorry no"

HUH????

Then one oke, sits up and slows down.... only to get the "go man, leave him" from the dude in his slipstream

So all of you ride without bombs or pumps......???

I hope you guys got your PB or your sub xx:xx...... :thumbdown:

You lost out on Free beer.......

Well I had 4-5 groups pass me 5 meters from the start and nobody offered any assistance either,

lots of sympathy remarks but not sympathetic enough to actually assist

Nice, my seat post dropped up Ou Wapad. Stopped to fix it and stripped the screw, and my m..r as well. struggled all the way home. Not lekker with no power going to the cranks. legs a bit tender this morning. Some you win some you loose. Ended up 5:20. 50mins slower than last year. :eek:  :oops:  :blush:

Esih K@K luck for us hey???

Well I had 4-5 groups pass me 5 meters from the start and nobody offered any assistance either,

What happened?

Why not just walk back and get what you needed? there were lots of people not riding etc...and a bike shop?

no such things on Simola hill I promise you

Why not just walk back and get what you needed? there were lots of people not riding etc...and a bike shop?

If my seat post was ok I could`ve given you a tube as discussed before the race. :devil:  :clap:  :whistling:

If my seat post was ok I could`ve given you a tube as discussed before the race. :devil:  :clap:  :whistling:

HAHA, BUUUT did you have a pump or a bomb? :mellow:  :ph34r:

Jip................jip.

I should have waited for you, sorry next time :-)

So who made it up the stairs in Knysna?Must have been pretty comical watching all the cramps!

I rode up the grass/sand embankment on the left of the stairs. Does that count?

I rode up the grass/sand embankment on the left of the stairs. Does that count?

And so did all of the frontrunners / pro's. A few ran up the stairs when the embankment became too crowded, slowing them down, but majority rode up the embankment.

See my earlier post, after giving up and walking back three guys who were watching the start were kind enough to get a foot pump as I had used all my bombs on a crap tube

Archived