Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

Also thinking about not going. Had a lift to Willowmore from Cape Town but I have a job interview tomorrow so cant leave at 10am. I just dont feel like the long (expensive) drive on my own and I was at the physio today with a popliteus and hamstring strain so maybe thats a sign...

That sucks(injuries), hope you get the job.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrived in George this afternoon at 3 and took the bike into the mountain for a quick 1 hour ride. Looking forward to the Ride on Sunday.

Any suggestions on the time I should leave George for the drive to Uniondale? 1:15 should be enough but not too sure what to expect from the traffic on that morning, need to get there to register.

We did it in an hour last year, beware of stupid drivers on the way to Uniondale. Its a very narrow road and the sun/mist will play havoc on the road.  

Same this side... seems like a bug is targeting our area.  :(

Try Corenza C. Double dose yourself. Hope you recover. Did the burger mtb with snotsiekte. Wasn`t a very good idea.

Try Corenza C. Double dose yourself. Hope you recover. Did the burger mtb with snotsiekte. Wasn`t a very good idea.

Smurfy don't forget to carbo load with gummy berry juice from Rooiberg :thumbup:

We did it in an hour last year, beware of stupid drivers on the way to Uniondale. Its a very narrow road and the sun/mist will play havoc on the road.  

We are driving from Knysna on the morning and will be leaving at 4h30 that gives us 2.5hrs to get there and get registered and ready to start...starting to feel nervous.

We are driving from Knysna on the morning and will be leaving at 4h30 that gives us 2.5hrs to get there and get registered and ready to start...starting to feel nervous.

JUST APPROACH IT LIKE A NORMAL TRAINING RIDE AND YOU WILL BE A OKAY.  DONT OVER COMPLICATE THE EVENT. JUST DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE HYPE AT THE START BY SPRINTING AWAY, YOU WILL BE FINE. :devil:  :clap:  

JUST APPROACH IT LIKE A NORMAL TRAINING RIDE AND YOU WILL BE A OKAY.  DONT OVER COMPLICATE THE EVENT. JUST DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE HYPE AT THE START BY SPRINTING AWAY, YOU WILL BE FINE. :devil:  :clap:  

even if i do sprint now one would even notice...i'll still get dropped by die E group!  :whistling:  thanks for the words of advice, going to be a loooong day in the saddle but the reward of cold beer at the end will get me through it!!!

Leaving after work for Wilderness which is about 150km from Uniondale. We'll leave at 5am on Sunday, have a friend picking up our goodie bags on Saturday. Don't know why I'm nervous, starting in F group and all.

I gather from the site that there are food stalls available?

So no need to pack the braai if you are camping the Saturday evening?

I gather from the site that there are food stalls available?

So no need to pack the braai if you are camping the Saturday evening?

Jip, well stocked last year. Tracel light :w00t: . A energy bar or gel just incase you need it in between the plenty stops.

Morning all, I need a huge favour from any hubber that sleeps over in Willowmore that are prepared to bring me and my friends goody bags. I will buy you a beer in Willowmore. Please pm me if you see fit? 

Jip, well stocked last year. Tracel light :w00t: . A energy bar or gel just incase you need it in between the plenty stops.

Smurfy, is this now the water points or stalls close to the camp site?  :ph34r:

There are food stalls at the registration venue. You even get a plate of pasta with your entry.

Plenty of food at the stalls in Uniondale, as well as the water points The shops were also well stocked. Little advice, dont eat any foreign foods the night before. Your stomach might just pack up on you. :eek:  :oops:

I'm done for the week - see you guys at the start! I''l be the guy on the Bulls bike so if you see me give a shout!

Enjoy the ride guys!!!

Archived