Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

Accommodation sorted, transport sorted (what a schlepp..), 3rd time I've entered but will be the first time I will actually pitch for the start :blush: . After 3 years of mtb'ing I'm looking forward to my first Karoo2Coast!!

Now to learn to pace myself because I KNOW I'm going to start off way too fast!

I have a solution for you, hang back with me! I like taking a slow start and then overtaking the riders when they run out of energy because the started too hard.

That said, I need to practice plenty of long climbs over the next couple of months.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key phrase is pace yourself. I started too fast last year and "hit the wall" on about 80km. The rest of the race was pure hell from there till I got to the tar road. Even thought about throwing my bike down the mountain when a couple of girls came riding past me while I was pushing my bike and they chatted about heart rate and the pool water at the gym... I will start much slower this year. I lost more time struggling the last 15km than I thought I have made up in the first 40 or 50km.

Now to learn to pace myself because I KNOW I'm going to start off way too fast!

start off fast, then go faster

I'm looking for accomodation in uniondale for saturday night. Once again I've left it too late :/

I'm not doing stables or church.

Anyone got something they arent going to use?

Hi, I am looking for 2 entries. My mates can make the event as other plans did not work out. Will gladly take it off your hands. I`m in for my third time. Hope we have the same weather as last year. C u all there.

eddie.cockerill@gmail.com.

Regards.

I am very nervous about finishing in time... I did the Argus in 5:30, will I make the cut-of time for the K2C??

I am very nervous about finishing in time... I did the Argus in 5:30, will I make the cut-of time for the K2C??

Well you still have three months to train, slowly by 10% per week, increase the distance of your long rides en do hill repeats at least once a week. And why don't you join one of the regular weekly rides in the Durbanville area. You will have the support and advice of the more experienced riders and it will be a way to measure your fitness and progress.

I did K2C for the first time last year after having cycled only 2 months. I finished in 7 hours (an hour before the cut off). My Argus time (first Argus) this year (without training) was 5h15, so I'm sure you will be fine!

Hi, you can add an hour to your time. Just take the first 50km easy, save energy for the last half. Eat and drink enough. You can do it.

I see they close the road for normal traffic, so how will the second get to Knysna, start early before they close the road, or are their another short road that I dont know of??

They go back via George To Knysna. About a 150km route. You can try and get a lift from Knysna to the start, this will save them the trip. Where are you sleeping over?

They go back via George To Knysna. About a 150km route. You can try and get a lift from Knysna to the start, this will save them the trip. Where are you sleeping over?

Flip, thats a big detour, so no driving even early enough that they are away and ahead of the first cyclest??

Its my parents and they are old and I dont want them to drive too long to get to Knysna.....maybe we must then rather sleep in Knysna and me just getting a lift...we would have just camped at the hall...we are campers...I did the race last in 2001...so cant remember anymore "what and where"

Someone mentioned a shuttle service from Knysna...any details on who they are??

Flip, thats a big detour, so no driving even early enough that they are away and ahead of the first cyclest??

Its my parents and they are old and I dont want them to drive too long to get to Knysna.....maybe we must then rather sleep in Knysna and me just getting a lift...we would have just camped at the hall...we are campers...I did the race last in 2001...so cant remember anymore "what and where"

Someone mentioned a shuttle service from Knysna...any details on who they are??

If you take the "shortcut" or go over George it will take you the same time, and that is with no race on that day.

If you take the "shortcut" or go over George it will take you the same time, and that is with no race on that day.

Ok...thanks!!!

Archived