SA Girls to Kiwi Land Worthless or worthy

sernoche1

I understand that Cherise picked up a bit of a bug on the way over there and isn't 100%.  Maybe AndreT can give some insight.  Not that Cherise would use that as an excuse.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sernoche, as sean badenhorst says, your medical aid will cover the help you so clearly need. i suggest you take them up on it or your problems will just get worse.

amoryns - have you EVER flown long distance??? (and i'm not talking to cape town - i'm talking overseas) the effects vary from person to person. CSA should NEVER have had them only fly lessthan 48 hours before the start.

sernoche' date=' as sean badenhorst says, your medical aid will cover the help you so clearly need. i suggest you take them up on it or your problems will just get worse.

amoryns - have you EVER flown long distance??? (and i'm not talking to cape town - i'm talking overseas) the effects vary from person to person. CSA should NEVER have had them only fly lessthan 48 hours before the start.
[/quote']

once again slowpoke...i just asked the question...no need to go and attack me...jeesh (and no i haven't been fortunate enough to fly oversees...thus the question)

amoryns, looks like most of the international teams in the race did Geelong Tour (Feb 21-22) and the Geelong World Cup race in Australia on 24 Feb. So they would have already sorted their jet lag out by the time the NZ tour started on 26 Feb.

Amoryns, my experience, sodra jy begin rondneuk met "timezones" dan suffer jy.  Bv. London of Parys toe was soos 'n direkte ry Kaap toe, hard maar 24 uur sal jou fix.  My vlug USA toe was HEL!!!  Dit het my seker so 4 dae gevat om weer reg te wees.  Indi? toe was 'n 3 ure (as ek reg kan onthou) verskil.  Was nie so erg nie, maar die biologiese klok was tog maar 'n bietjie op sy kop.

I do not think that our very unpopular friend has EVER raced against these girls!

Dude(Or Girl)LOLI HAVE raced against these girls in the past and HAVE gotten my ass kicked by them.....If you think they look tough on photo's.....Try race against them in real life! 

Our girls are seriously trying their best there and to get a top 10 placing on any of those stages are FANTASTIC!!

Those girls are like machines on their bikes but our girls are holding there own and sitting comfortably in the TOP half of the GC.

Do not get me wrong....We have alot to do before we will be on a level to get a podium or win but with dedication and the right planning we have the ability in this country to actually achieve those goals.

I support them 100% and know they can get there in the near future....

Ok, genoeg gemoanWink.....Will post the results as soon as they are available!! 

Its also a big difference in time zones and the jet lag is generally worse when you fly from here east.

I know from experience that I felt terrible the day after the flight!

I'm not sure whether it is CSA or the riders' teams who are to blame, but we really need to sort this sort of issue out...

OK, let's track back.  Sernoche1, what would YOU do to get SA podium finishes in this race?  Or are you here to critize only?

only thing I would change...fly them there about week before start of race and acclimatize, do few training rides before race

Before the start of tour have a training camp with the specific girls

Pretty worthless huh? I think not! Suffering from jet lag, pms, boyfreind problems, the heat and whatever ele and still attacking the field! Robyn, respect Clap 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/feb08/trusthousewomen08/trusthousewomen082/WC3_6109.jpg

Stage 1 - result - worthless ,35 km stage!! yikes so short and we all lost 47 secs,11 girls in winning break from 8 different team and NOT one SA rider up front.

Stage 2 - result - Marisa worthy,12 girls away.Cherise and Yolandi OVER 5 mins back - pretty worthless.

Stage 3 - Robyn De Groot - worthy

Marisa           worthy

Lynette          impressive    

Yolandi - over 11 minutes down - worthless

Cherise - quater of an hour behind worhless

Sprint Classification - SA worthless

Mountains Classification - SA worthless

Teams Classification - SA worthless ( getting to top three would be fantastic - 4th is close

Stage win ????????????? ( only 3 more chances )

Here is a simple question, Sernoche1, as I really hate it when people sit back and criticise the efforts of others.

Could you or have you done better than these women?

Stage 1 - result - worthless ' date='35 km stage!! yikes so short and we all lost 47 secs,11 girls in winning break from 8 different team and NOT one SA rider up front.

Stage 2 - result - Marisa worthy,12 girls away.Cherise and Yolandi OVER 5 mins back - pretty worthless.

Stage 3 - Robyn De Groot - worthy

Marisa           worthy

Lynette          impressive    

Yolandi - over 11 minutes down - worthless

Cherise - quater of an hour behind worhless

Sprint Classification - SA worthless

Mountains Classification - SA worthless

Teams Classification - SA worthless ( getting to top three would be fantastic - 4th is close

Stage win ????????????? ( only 3 more chances )

[/quote']

I am convinced that Sernoche has absolutely NO idea what he/she/it is talking about.

But I also get the impression that they may be an attention whore...looking for some interest by posting this. People like you Sernoche, if you ever made it into an actual bicycle team would most probably attack your very own team mates...because your stupid and selfish.