[Event] MTN National MTB Series #3 Tulbagh Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

nooit bru, that's the worst :-(

It does take a chunk out of your motivation I must admit! But a couple of "shut up and pedal" words from me to me got me to the end! How did you go?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6.21 tired 29th overall 3rd in category. Loved it but tired.

Well done copperhead, just completing that route is an achievement, getting a podium is excellent! Just thinking of that route makes me tired, climbing is one thing but racing some of that gradients will kill me!

The marker at the 75km and 20km split fell over or were missing or just missed due to all the dust and the A batch all went straight instead of right, we realised that 5kms in and the rest was history

Same thing happened to me but I also got a side wall cut at about 25km put a gel rapper in with a tube was working but wasn't going to take a chance. Went back to the start had a few beers and watched the guys and girls come in. Nice weather though if you sitting in the shade with a cold one in your hand.

Same thing happened to me but I also got a side wall cut at about 25km put a gel rapper in with a tube was working but wasn't going to take a chance. Went back to the start had a few beers and watched the guys and girls come in. Nice weather though if you sitting in the shade with a cold one in your hand.

That does sound like it was the master plan! What tires were you riding? I only run Rocket Ron front and Racing Ralph rear Non Snakeskin and (touch wood) no sidewall failure as yet

Edited by BrandonF

It does take a chunk out of your motivation I must admit! But a couple of "shut up and pedal" words from me to me got me to the end! How did you go?

well done.

I did the Ultra & let's just say I rocked up with a knife at a gun battle. Yesterday I wanted to switch my rigid for the Reba RL but my 2 week old son had other ideas, it ended up being too late to make the switch & "you don't tamper with your bike the night before a race" also I was expecting the 42T cog to arrive this week but supplier is out of stock for Shimano so I had to slog it out with the 36T, basically a repeat of Attakwas.

6:44 for the 105kms

well done.

I did the Ultra & let's just say I rocked up with a knife at a gun battle. Yesterday I wanted to switch my rigid for the Reba RL but my 2 week old son had other ideas, it ended up being too late to make the switch & "you don't tamper with your bike the night before a race" also I was expecting the 42T cog to arrive this week but supplier is out of stock for Shimano so I had to slog it out with the 36T, basically a repeat of Attakwas.

CRAZY. Well done on finishing. Eina bene!!

Copperhead,

6.21 tired 29th overall 3rd in category. Loved it but tired

How you get your results ?

Was that ultra and what category ?

well done.

Very well done, respect!

Did a 6h06, was very frustrating ride as I couldn't keep my saddle from slipping, had to keep stopping and re-tightening the seat post clamp !

Thanks gents. We only had one start group as far as I know. A. Good to meet you milky. We had a little chat in the front half. I am Greg. You left me for dust with that young group of guys. Saw you late in the second half you were helping those guys with the puncture. Well done mate. Tough race.

good to meet you too Greg. That was a good choice you made, tapping off. Unfortunately I couldn't sustain it, needless to say they were only doing the 75km hence they could ride at that pace. I did however pick each one of them up later on. When those guys asked me for a tube I had no problem to stop & give them one, gave me a opportunity to take a breather as well. But what an awesome time from you. Well done again.

It's one start group but your age determines the category for e.g. I'm 13th in my Cat which will be Sub Vets. Copperhead I'm assuming you'll be Vets if you are older than 40years old?

I remember the brutality of that last 30kms from last year. Much better yesterday. That has got to be one of the best races around. Much respect to all who showed up and did the job. Let's hope it stays on their calendar.

agreed, I couldn't believe all the downhill in the last 20kms, everytime I was doing +30kmph I felt like crying.