[Event] MTN National MTB Series #3 Tulbagh Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

Has the routes changed from last year? It would be great if it didn't, true reflection of one getting better.....or not

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I am riding. But its about 200 to 300km there and back depending where you stay in Cape Town. 13 Rand something for a litre of petrol, do the maths. Also time involved getting there, these days people have to plan time with wife and kids and work and family carefully. If they plan on cancelling the event, like WesselvdWalt mentioned in his earlier post, maybe he should first consider a venue closer to Cape Town.

Gravel Travel was much closer to Cape Town, wasn't enough to save the event...

Would be so boring if every event has to be within 50km of Cape Town to survive, its nice to have some variety -like others said, it's an awesome area to mtb in and well worth the drive.

Would be so boring if every event has to be within 50km of Cape Town to survive, its nice to have some variety -like others said, it's an awesome area to mtb in and well worth the drive.

I agree. How close are the JoBurg events to the towns/cities anyway?

I know it gets expensive to do events, but just pick the ones you know will be good and make a weekend of it if it's too far. Tulbagh is worth a 1.5hour drive, or a weekend away.

Also, carpool. Or get XT instead of XTR for your next upgrade and spend the extra money on going out riding your bike.

BTW, was that why Gravel Travel was scrapped? Not enough interest? Pity... And it's really close to the city/suburbs actually...

BTW, was that why Gravel Travel was scrapped? Not enough interest? Pity... And it's really close to the city/suburbs actually...

I'm not sure why, last year it was a few days before Sani2C which is why I didn't do it. They also were cursed with terrible weather the past 2 years which also wouldn't have helped the numbers!

I'm not sure why, last year it was a few days before Sani2C which is why I didn't do it. They also were cursed with terrible weather the past 2 years which also wouldn't have helped the numbers!

Thats the only reason, very crappy weather for two years. Gravel Travel route even nicer to ride than Tulbagh, including the Wellington trails etc + you cant beat it for being central to all surrounding areas over the mountains.

They had ridiculous entry fees and people voted with their wallets. Just had a look, I see there is a 2014 event. Edited by Johny Bravo

Has the routes changed from last year? It would be great if it didn't, true reflection of one getting better.....or not

Only the Ultra has been tweaked and only 5km of it. rest will be the same route.

@Johny Bravo - Our fees are here below. They are standard throughout the series countrywide. Perhaps more expensive than some of your local races but cheaper again or on par with most other events in JHB & KZN. Also consider what we offer and in return I don't think it's a bad price. Outside of the organising of the event, this year you receive Nissan Socks, USN Product, event booklet etc

Early Bird Entries

Fun Ride - R60

Fun Race - R.95-00

Half Marathon - R.170-00

Marathon - R.200-00

Ultra - R.230-00

Normal Online Entries

Fun Ride - R65

Fun Race - R.115-00

Half Marathon - R.200-00

Marathon - R.230-00

Ultra - R.260-00

@Johny Bravo - Our fees are here below. They are standard throughout the series countrywide. Perhaps more expensive than some of your local races but cheaper again or on par with most other events in JHB & KZN. Also consider what we offer and in return I don't think it's a bad price. Outside of the organising of the event, this year you receive Nissan Socks, USN Product, event booklet etc

Early Bird Entries

Fun Ride - R60

Fun Race - R.95-00

Half Marathon - R.170-00

Marathon - R.200-00

Ultra - R.230-00

Normal Online Entries

Fun Ride - R65

Fun Race - R.115-00

Half Marathon - R.200-00

Marathon - R.230-00

Ultra - R.260-00

I was referring to gravel travel event last year in Wellington. Your fees are spot on for what you are getting. Make no mistake, I paid with a smile. I cant wait for Saturday, gonna be epic, weather looks good aswell. Edited by Johny Bravo

@Johny Bravo - Mmm... last year the event was part of our series and were approx 10% cheaper. Perhaps it was the additional cost of a day license + SAS Number board Timing Chip + Late fee? :)

Anyone want to car pool, I have space for 2 bodies & 2bikes on the rack, will be coming from goodwood. So I can either pick u up along the way if you live in the northern suburbs or wait for you to get to my house if you are coming from the southern suburbs.

See they still have an event with different sponsor. Shorter route, same price as MTN Tulbagh...

http://www.graveltra...avel_Travel.php

Edited by slabs

Anyone want to car pool, I have space for 2 bodies & 2bikes on the rack, will be coming from goodwood. So I can either pick u up along the way if you live in the northern suburbs or wait for you to get to my house if you are coming from the southern suburbs.

What distance you doing? Ultra, full or half?

Hi guys,

entered Tulbagh, and looking to get a lift to the race, car broke down. I'm staying in Seapoint. We can share the petrol no problem. I entered the 75km race. my cell is 0832637206.

Regards Lars