Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rad pics!! Got caught by Johan (photographer) bunnyhopping the chicane on sidewinder (sneaky hehe)

Hows the head? and the helmet?

You looked a little dazed at the finish of SP2

Hows the head? and the helmet?

You looked a little dazed at the finish of SP2

The pics are quite unimpressive I'm afraid. And out of focus. Actually in true grown up fashion I decided to visit the GP today and make sure I was fine. I'm happy to report that I fought the mountain and won; kind of. I was quite shaken by the experience but mostly I was annoyed at how much time it cost me on my run. Not that I'm really a contender but I'd like to know what my personal best would have been without the fall. My head still hurts in the spot where I got hit and my hip is scraped up but really its not the worst roastie I've had and will probably be gone in a week. Oh and I found some random scrapes on my face which I didn't even notice until today.

agreed - there were far more interesting sections that would have made for great pics - pity, there were 3 pro photogs that I know of, who were riding...

agreed - there were far more interesting sections that would have made for great pics - pity, there were 3 pro photogs that I know of, who were riding...

Yip, and all photographers we contacted either weren't interested or let us down at the last minute.

Just remember, this guy was not an "official" photographer, he wasn't asked or paid to take photo's.

He didn't really know the course and had to get around to all the stages on foot.

He only did this and shared his pics on dropbox for the hell of it.

Just remember, this guy was not an "official" photographer, he wasn't asked or paid to take photo's.

He didn't really know the course and had to get around to all the stages on foot.

He only did this and shared his pics on dropbox for the hell of it.

Indeed he did, what a legend! :thumbup:

RESULTS: HAKAHANA ENDURO-ONE 29TH NOVEMBER 2014

Ok. This was much tougher than anticipated. (made worse by two one-handed calculators)... Thanks for your patience. The electronic timing only worked 70% on SP1 an a few giuys didnt do the whole of SP4. So in fairness to all we have based the results on SP2 & SP3. Thanks to all the timekeepers for a solid performance!

Please send any queries if you have.

Hakahana E-1 RESULTS.pdf

Ok. This was much tougher than anticipated. (made worse by two one-handed calculators)... Thanks for your patience. The electronic timing only worked 70% on SP1 an a few giuys didnt do the whole of SP4. So in fairness to all we have based the results on SP2 & SP3. Thanks to all the timekeepers for a solid performance!

That sucks. SP2 was my worst run. I bashed my head on a rock and sat for a I'm not sure how long just trying to feel human again and I also had to fix my bike before I could continue. Can we have our SP1 and SP4 results so we can at least see what they were.

Sorry to be grumpy. Really appreciate the hard work that I know you and the timing team put into this.

The pics are quite unimpressive I'm afraid. And out of focus. Actually in true grown up fashion I decided to visit the GP today and make sure I was fine. I'm happy to report that I fought the mountain and won; kind of. I was quite shaken by the experience but mostly I was annoyed at how much time it cost me on my run. Not that I'm really a contender but I'd like to know what my personal best would have been without the fall. My head still hurts in the spot where I got hit and my hip is scraped up but really its not the worst roastie I've had and will probably be gone in a week. Oh and I found some random scrapes on my face which I didn't even notice until today.

Just realised this looks like I'm ragging on the roaming photographer. I was refering to the pics of my roastie and broken helmet. Still not sure how to multiquote properly. For someone on foot who hadn't seen the route and wasn't being paid I thought the pics turned out well. From the perspective of a freelancer myself I know how difficult it can be to get to the right places at the right times.

We should add hub names to the score card....

hahaha, the guys that have spent the last three days working out timing won't be impressed to hear that. hahaha! Cool idea tho :thumbup:

That sucks. SP2 was my worst run. I bashed my head on a rock and sat for a I'm not sure how long just trying to feel human again and I also had to fix my bike before I could continue. Can we have our SP1 and SP4 results so we can at least see what they were.

hey ben

ill need to format. but sure..

Ok. This was much tougher than anticipated. (made worse by two one-handed calculators)... Thanks for your patience. The electronic timing only worked 70% on SP1 an a few giuys didnt do the whole of SP4. So in fairness to all we have based the results on SP2 & SP3. 

I propose a redo... A monthly redo, maybe?  :D 

Congrats to the guys who went fast (especially 6th pos on a HT... nuts...) and again big thanks to all the volunteers who I know would have loved to take part, but couldn't.

Archived