Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

My wife was riding a blue morewood and I was on a green salsa. The trails this morning where tough and very slippery from the rain!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys

This might have been answered somewhere but don't have time to read all 28 pages.

What are the camping facilities like? We're seriously planning on making a weekend out of this. But need to be prepared.

Ito riding - I assume we can do the 20km loop more than once for the same entry fee?

Did all 3 stages yesterday in the Rain. Must say I haven't had so much fun in a while in the rain. Some places got a bit slippery but otherwise good traction. I think SP3 was my best lots of rock and a good vertical drop to the route.

Well done to all who built the course. My it grow from strength to strength.

Also like to thank George not sure if he is on the Hub for showing me around appreciated dude.

See you all bright and early on Saturday. Oh and bring your climbing legs.

Hey guys

This might have been answered somewhere but don't have time to read all 28 pages.

What are the camping facilities like? We're seriously planning on making a weekend out of this. But need to be prepared.

Ito riding - I assume we can do the 20km loop more than once for the same entry fee?

Good luck with that! That isnt a normal 20km loop. If you race the downs and ride all the ups you will be hurting after that 20km for sure. If not, and you get to do another full 20km after that, then I might organise you another medal. The trails are much fun (downs) but it is a very tough 20km.

To anyone thinking of taking a DH bike there - think again! It is brutal getting up to the start on one.

SP1 was great though. I can't wait to go back with a trail bike.

Hahaha - It is pretty hard going - I was actually waiting for you on the climb up to SP1 but I took a wrong turn and ended up getting to SP1 via SP3  :thumbdown:  :oops:

Routes marked. You should find your way around. Follow Grey route markers from trail head to the 'saddle" (horse farm). There you split left for SP1 and right for SP2 & SP3. At the bottom of SP1&2 there is a dirt road that leads back up....Road at end of Sp3 leads back home...

Wish I had read this on Friday, after doing SP1&2 I was finished (that red road climb is a killer) so decided to head back on the dirt roads - and the bottom bit of SP1 again - could have just gone back to the top of the hill, checked out SP3 and ended up back at the trail head. Anyway, it was still awesome.

Good work to everyone involved!

Good luck with that! That isnt a normal 20km loop. If you race the downs and ride all the ups you will be hurting after that 20km for sure. If not, and you get to do another full 20km after that, then I might organise you another medal. The trails are much fun (downs) but it is a very tough 20km.

Well.....we don't get dressed up for nothing! :-)

The guys were saying that we would camp on the grass near the stables, depending on amount of people camping. I saw people had showered too. So that should cover it if you're a proper camper, grass to sleep on and a place to poo :P

I'm going to camp on Friday too, My MRS hasn't decided if she is/isn't yet.

Weather forecast for Harties (7 day) says 10% chance of rain on Friday 10am and 40% chance of rain on Sat at 1pm - so we might just have perfect conditions!!

Where do I enter for this event? Got an entry form but the banking details are incorrect?

Give Johan a call 

Johan 0828896515 

:thumbup:

Archived